Ray and Mea

A/N: No, I'm not writing the Dark Universe, because it's awful, but I don't think you'll mind after this part.

After the chaos of the Universe Alterations, and Starfrost's secret elopement, things calmed down for a few days, until Ander started running around the Rainwing village like a maniac.

....But even that was kind of normal at this point.

"Ander, what's going on?" Shore questioned. "You're acting more anxious then usual." Ander paused, struggling to find the words in a language her brother could comprehend.

"Es mi gadadiena!" She finally blurted out. "And I don't have un regalo for Ray!"

".....Your what?" Shore questioned. "And what do you need for Ray?"

"Dāvana par manu gadadiena!" Ander repeated. "Honestly, do you not know your Latvian?"

"....Ande, I don't even know what Latvian is." Ander facetaloned.

"It's me and Ray's anniversary!" she cried out. "And I don't have a gift for him!"

"Your anniversary of what?"

"Meeting! Dating! Becoming soulmates, waltzing in alternate dimensions to end foreign wars! That kinda stuff! Have you and Orange never had an anniversary?"

"Well, not YET. It's still a little while before we've been married for a year."

"So you no comprehendo. Where is Manzana?"

"Who?"

"Our cousin! Manzana! Apple!"

"Oh, Apple is in the Nightwing village, I think."

"Gracias, hermano. You've found ONE way to be helpful today. Go study your Latvian, I'll write you a test in my spare time, of which I have none, and too much at the same time." And then she took off, leaving Shore even more confused.

"Hey, Shadow?" He asked, spotting Apple's Nightwing friend. "Do you know what Latvian is?"

"....What?" Shadow questioned. "No."

"....Well, then I'm screwed."

*~*~*~*

Ander continued rushing around the entire Rainforest until an idea struck her, and she buried herself under a pile of supplies, making Ray a present. 

She met up with him later, as the rest of the tribe fell asleep for Suntime.

"Hello, Mea," Ray greeted her, smiling.

"Salve, mi amore." She replied, trying not to blush. Ray took her talons in his and gently kissed them.

"Happy anniversary, my love."

"Happy anniversary." Ander insisted. She handed him a small, wrapped box. "Un regalo, for my soulmate." 

"Mea, you didn't have to get me something," Ray insisted. "Your presence is gift enough for me."

"Well, too late. I have already made you a gift, and now you must open it." Ander objected. Ray's smile widened, and he opened the box, gasping at what he found inside.

"Is this what I think it is?" He questioned. Ander nodded. 

"A dreamcatcher. Handmade, and perfect for scaring away all demons who come to knock at your door at night."

"It's beautiful like you, Mea. Thank you." He set the box down and kissed her gently. "Now it is time for your present."

"I don't need presents."

"You say that, knowing I agree, and yet you still give me a gift!  Am I not to do the same?"

"I suppose."

"Alas, your present is not something palpable. It is more of an experience. A memory." Ray explained. Ander grinned.

"All the favorite gifts are like that."

"I thought so. Come with me." Ray led her further into the forest, and they finally stopped at a strange looking clearing that seemed eerily familiar. Ander gasped as she recognized it.

"You found the waltzing dimension!" She exclaimed. Sure enough, the clearing looked exactly like the place where she and Ray had first met. The place they had danced, when he was just an indescribable pair of blue eyes.

"It took days, but yes, I found it." Ray agreed. He took Ander by the talon, sweeping them into a dancing pose. "For old times sake, mi amore?"

"Always, mi bratnia dusza." She replied as they started to dance, humming the old song they had sung. "I know you, I walked with you, once upon a dream." 

"I know you, The gleam is your eyes is so familiar a gleam, yet I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem," Ray sang softly back. 

"But if I know you, I know what you'll do," In the past, this had been the moment Ray had faded away. But now, he simply pressed a kiss to Ander's lips, and they continued to waltz around the clearing, perfectly in love with each other.

*~*~*~*~*~*

After waltzing their hearts out, the two ended up sitting on a fallen tree, that had fallen over a small creek

"It seems like everyone is in love these days," Ray commented. "Everyone is getting married."

"Not everyone," Ander insisted, smiling at him. "Just most of them." 

"Do you ever think about marriage, Mea?"

"Not really." She admitted. "I found it unnecessary. I'm already with my soulmate, mi amore for all of time. I don't need to get to get married. I already have what I desire."

"Others might not understand that, though. That'd think it's taboo, for two dragons to be together, but not married."

"You are a very poor hinter, Ray." Ander insisted. "If you want to marry me, all you have to do is ask." Ray blushed.

"Alright, then." He agreed before turning to her. "Meander, mi amore, my soulmate. Will you do me a great honor, and marry me, so that every dragon will know that I am yours for all of eternity?"

"Of course, my love." she accepted. "My family will throw a fit."

"As will mine."

"To creating chaos, then." 

"Indeed."