Operation Seal

Pax and Parch peeked their heads into JMA's library, the perfect definition of a skying duo. They scanned the room, their eyes landing first on Teal, who was browsing the scrolls, and then on Sage, who was curled up in the corner with a scroll.

"Operation Seal is a go," Parch declared.

"Did you seriously give them a ship name for this?" Pax questioned.

"Hell no- I just told Sellie what we were planning and she laughed and proclaimed them Seal."

"Why'd you tell Rosella- she could blow our cover and tell Teal!" Parch smirked.

"Oh, she won't say anything." He confirmed. The two of them strolled innocently into the library, Pax heading for Teal, and Parch heading for Sage.

"Hi Sage," He offered nonchalantly. "Whatcha reading?" Sage held up a talon, her eyes scanning the scroll. She snapped it shut suddenly and looked at him.

"I just finished Kana and The Scales," She offered. "What do you want?"

"Nothing." Parch said innocently. "Have you read the sequel yet?"

"No, I was going to ask Starflight about it." 

"No need- I know where it is." Sage narrowed her eyes.

"Okay, you're definitely up to something." She declared. Parch rolled his eyes.

"Sage, if I was up to something, I would do everything in secret- why would I jeopardize everything by talking to a dragon who is intelligent enough to figure out my entire plan?" Sage paused, and Parch fought back a smirk. Sly flattering went a long way.

"Alright fine." She agreed. "Where's the scroll?"

"Follow me." 

****

"Teal, guess what." Pax declared.

"What?" Teal asked.

"Aurora's looking for a scroll over there."

"So?"

"Sooooo, you're the stupid scrollworm," Pax insinuated. "Go find it for her!" Teal narrowed his eyes.

"There is no way you'd let me go after Aurora willingly." Pax hesitated.

"Well...." He shifted awkwardly and then sighed. "Okay, I know we've fought over Aurora for years, but lately, let's just say someone else has caught my eye." It wasn't actually a lie, Pax realized as he said it out loud. "So I figured that if I'm not going after Aurora anymore, then it's only fair for you to have her."

".....That makes sense." Teal admitted. He grinned. "So, who's your latest crush?"

"Not saying." Pax declared. "Now come on," He dragged Teal down one of rows, conveniently where Parch and Sage were waiting.

Teal started to frown, but the plan was put into action before he could question it. Parch 'accidentally' knocked a scroll down and kicked it down the floor. 

"Oops!" Pax insisted, shoving Teal, who slipped on the scroll and fell forward, slamming into Sage and knocking them both onto the floor. 

Sage's face went bright red, as did Teal's.

"S-Sorry," He muttered, climbing off her.

"It's fine!" Sage insisted hastily, blushing fiercely and getting up.

"I'm gonna- go..." Teal said awkwardly.

"Yeah...." Sage replied. They paused for a moment, and then ran away from each other.

"....Well that failed." Pax declared. Parch smirked.

"No it didn't." He objected. Pax glanced at him.

"Now what?"

"Now, my friend, we wait." They smirked deviously and fled from the library.

*****

Wren and Raven were exploring the school. Particularly the parts of it that students weren't supposed to go to.

"Apparently there's some secret cave in the school." Wren offered. Raven gasped.

"No way!" He said sarcastically. "A secret cave, in a mountain?!" Wren rolled his eyes and shoved at him, smiling.

"It's a whole lake apparently." He elaborated. "And apparently, Joy and Kelp used to sneak away to it all the time, and so did my Uncle Shore and Aunt Orange."

"Soooooo, it's your family's secret make-out cave."

"What! No!" Raven smirked.

"Oh yes it is."

"It is not!"

"Then why do you want to find it and share it with me so badly?" Wren blushed.

"Okay....Maybe it's a LITTLE bit of a secret make-out cave. But it's more then that."

"But if your family has always used it, why can't you just ask Joy or Shore where it is?" Wren scowled.

"Not the right family line. It's one of those things that's passed down from father to son, so Shore's probably going to show it to Teal or Mako, not me."

"But Teal and Mako don't care about the cave."

"Exactly. So I have to find it and use it before Teal and Mako are old enough to appreciate it and be shown where it is."

"Gotcha." Raven smiled. "Your family is weird." Wren snorted.

"You're one to talk."

"My family is disturbing and cruel- your family is murderous and weird, but in a good way."

"I'm not denying that."

"Nor should you."

They continued searching for the cave until finally giving up and circling back to the rest of the school, only to bump into Prism and a Seawing they didn't know.

"Oh! Wren!" Prism proclaimed. "And Wren's future husband! Good to see you." Wren facetaloned.

"He's not my-"

"Who's your friend, Prism?" Raven asked, not denying anything.

"This is Cyan," She admitted, smiling. "Cyan, this is my cousin Wren and his boyfriend."

"Prism!" Wren exclaimed, looking stressed. He really wished his cousin would stop blabbing about him and Raven, but he knew she was too young to understand the reasoning why he didn't want her to tell other dragons.

"Hello," Cyan offered, sizing them up. "Is Wren apart of the royal family like you?"

"Yep!" Prism insisted. "He's a prince, and I'm a princess. But a princess is better than a prince, because I can challenge Joy, and become Queen one day if I want." 

"And you can challenge Queen Joy any time you want to?" He questioned.

"Yep!"

"Interesting..." Cyan smiled in a way that made Wren frown.

"Anyways, we should go. We're meeting Russet and Aria in the music cave." Prism insisted. "Later guys!" She ran down the hallway, Cyan quietly following her.

"....I don't like him." Raven offered, as soon as they were out of earshot.

"That makes two of us." Wren muttered, his frown deepening. "We should keep an eye on that one."

"Definitely, he's shady."

"Definitely shady."

"Shady guys are never good."

"Okay, then we definitely need to keep him far away from Prism."