Bored? Time For A Visit

Rosella was a little bored.

Granted, she loved the rainforest. She loved hanging out with her family and friends and all that jazz, but it got a little dull after awhile. She needed some excitement.

And excitement typically came in the form of Parch.

But Parch was in the Sandwing kingdom, stuck there because Thorn was holding some event and as a prince, Parch needed to be present.

Stupid royal events hogging all of Parch's time.

And judging from the hybrid's letters, Rosella was convinced he was just as bored as she was. Parch did not like the Sandwing Stronghold. He thought it was confining, and that it had too many guards. He wanted to run wild and fly wherever he wanted. But the Stronghold had a certain level of dignity to it, and Parch running around like a maniac was not to be tolerated. 

Even though he, Haze, and even Thorn ran around like maniacs on a daily basis.

Parch was bored. Rosella was bored.

So Rosella got the great idea that she should go and visit her boyfriend- even though PArch was not her boyfriend.

Alright, he was. Rosella just hated admitting it because it resulted in all of her cousins crowing about how Parch was her lover or something. And so what if he was? Her relationship with Parch was none of their businesses, even if Aurora and Prism wanted it to be.

The only problem with Rosella going to visit Parch was that she knew her parents wouldn't want her to. No one in the family had anything against her relationship with the Sandwing hybrid, but they were just more hesitant about it then they were with anyone else's relationships. She assumed it was because she was a princess, and Parch was a lone prince. Parch needed to find someone and have a daughter so that the Sandwing line could continue, seeing as neither Thorn, Sunny, or Haze would be having a daughter. Thorn had declared she was too old, Sunny said she was happy with just having a step-dragonet, and Haze had quite colorfully announced that having a dragonet was hell and she was content with only having one.

The fate of the Sandwing throne rested on Parch, and Rosella imagined everyone in her family was hesitant about her ending up with Parch, simply because their dragonet could be the ruler of three tribes. Not to mention any dragonet they had would be part Seawing, Sandwing, Rainwing, and Nightwing. 

It was an interesting concept to think about.

And since Rosella's family was hesitant about letting her spend more time with Parch, she had to rely on sly tricks to get her way.

"Hey Dad?" She asked one morning. Shore had smiled at her.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." Rosella scowled and then took a deep breath.

"ParentswhowilllettheirdaughtervisitParchsaywhat?"

"What?" Shore frowned.

"Thank you!" Rosella exclaimed, skipping away.

"Wait- Rosella!" Shore called after her. "WHAT DID I JUST AGREE TO?"

"I'll be back in a week or two, relax!" 

"ROSELLA!" She flew off, laughing.

She was nearly out of the Rainwing village when she ran into Prism.

"Oh, hey Prism," She grinned.

"Hello." Her cousin said, her voice monotone. "Can I ask you a technical question?"

"Sure, but make it quick," Rosella glanced behind her. "I'm trying to escape before my parents find me."

"So, only sisters, daughters, and nieces can challenge for the throne, right?" Prism asked.

"Yep."

"But your Joy's granddaughter. Does that mean you can challenge her?"

"Yeah, but Rin, Ander, and Apple have first shot at it before me. I can only be queen if none of them want to."

"And my mother is Joy's niece, so she could challenge her."

"Yep."

"And since I'm Apple's daughter, and Joy's great-niece, could I challenge her?" Rosella thought for a moment.

"I don't see why you couldn't. I mean, if Rin or Ander became queen, I don't think you could because then you'd only be like a second cousin or something. But if Apple became queen you could, and I think right now, you're in the same boat as me. We can challenge, but Rin, Ander, and Apple have seniority over us since they're closer in line then we are."

"But I could challenge Joy." Rosella shrugged.

"If you really wanted to, I guess. I don't know why you would want to. Joy's a great Queen, and you're only, like, three. She'd kick your butt in any challenge."

"Yes.....Perhaps...." Prism wandered away as Rosella gave her a weird look and took off to the skies once more.