Home Sweet Home

A loud scream of excitement echoed through the rainforest the moment that Rosella, Teal, Wren, and all the others dropped into the Rainwing village. The scream was followed by another more higher pitched shriek, and then Mako and Wisteria came bursting out of the trees, practically tackling their siblings to the ground.

"You're BACK!" Mako screeched, hugging Rosella. "You've been gone FOREVER."

"They were NOT," Wisteria retorted, clinging to Aurora's leg. "Just a REALLY REALLY LONG TIME."

"Forever IS a really really long time!" Mako shot back.

"NO, forever is ALL TIME, that's why it's called FOREVER!"

"I'll like you forever."

"No you won't, that's impossible."

"I'll make it possible!"

"So you guys haven't changed at all." Wren concluded. 

"NOT TRUE!" Wisteria countered. "We're learnin' how to FLY! And I'm REALLY GOOD AT IT!"

"I'm not so good," Mako admitted. "I falls lots."

"He fell on me once," Wisteria giggled. Rosella laughed.

"I missed you guys," She declared, as they went around hugging the rest of the dragonets. But Mako stopped in front of Prism, frowning at her.

"Hi Mako!" Prism said cheerfully. He tilted his head.

"What's wrong with Prism?" He asked. They frowned.

"There's nothing wrong with me," She insisted. 

"But you got three thought dragons in your head instead of one." 

"What?" Aria stepped forward, examining her cousin.

"He's right," She offered. "Weird."

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about." Prism declared. Aria shrugged.

"It's nothing," She waved it off. "I can't interfere with matters that already have a set cast." The others glanced at Pax, who sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know," He offered, not knowing how to translate Aria. They moved on, excusing the incident as nothing more then Aria's typical oddness, and Mako's childish nonsense.

Besides, they all had individual things to concern their minds with.

Rosella was trying to figure out how soon she could sneak away to the Sandwing Kingdom, or how soon Parch could sneak into the rainforest.

Wren was trying to figure out how the heck he was supposed to talk to Raven now that they were back in the rainforest. He knew he had to tell his parents about his relationship with Raven, but that was a step he could definitely procrastinate on for a little while.

Teal was trying to figure out when he could go and visit Sage. And why the hell he wanted to visit Sage.

Aurora was thinking of how she could force all her ships together so that everyone would be a happy couple by the time school started up again.

And Mako was debating whether or not cooties existed, and if it was worth kissing Wisteria to find out.

It was going to be a busy summer.

"I wonder what Joy and Glory have done to Deathbringer," Pax said.

"We should totally go bug Joy until she tells us." Rosella declared.

"I second that motion," Aurora agreed.

"I think that could get us all killed if Joy's in a bad mood," Wren offered. "Count me in."

"Bring Mako and Wisteria, no one can say no to their little faces," Teal proclaimed.

"Not true!" Wisteria piped up. "Joy said I couldn't be a princess."

"NO," Mako objected. "She said you could be a princess when you marry me."

"I'm not gonna marry you!" The others burst out laughing.

"Try saying that again in a few years, little sister," Aurora offered.

"You're totally getting married." Prism insisted.

"Do we have to kiss if we get married?" Mako asked.

"YEP!"

"Yuck," He wrinkled his snout. "Wisty, do you have cooties?"

"NO, BUT YOU DO!"

"I DO NOT!"

"YES YOU DO, COOTIE BRAINS!"

"NO I DON'T, MANGO FACE!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah! I'll even prove it!"

"How you gonna prove it?" Wisteria demanded. So Mako darted over, quick as a flash, and kissed her. Aurora squealed, and Wisteria ran away screaming. Wren let out a wolf whistle.

"Deathbringer would be proud," Pax commented, smirking. Mako made a face.

"That was gross." He declared. "Yuck."

"You'll like kisses more when you get older," Rosella advised.

"She would know." Teal offered. Rosella shoved him off the platform.