Chapter 36 - "We're Survivors"

A/N: OKAY SO UPDATE TODAY AND TOMORROW! YAY! ANYWAYS! ON WITH THE CHAPTER! PICTURE TO THE SIDE IS OF CONNER'S AND JACOB'S OUTFIT!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It has been a few days seance Conner kissed Colin and he still sits never explained. We never made any progress to the coast at all.

I sit on guard in a abandoned cottage in the middle of the woods alone.

Everyone is sound asleep and I think back to what Cole said to me in the truck a few days ago, "Madison can't do that!" and why Madison's reaction was slapping Cole's leg.

I think of possibility's, Is she sick? weak? pregnant? or just simply lazy. No. Madison can't be none of those in this world.

Oh well. I'll ask her when we switch guard shifts.

~~

Time Skip

~~

After a few hours of standing on guard I wake Madison to switch shifts.

Walking over to Madison I shake her enough for her to sit up quickly.

"Come on, Get up,  You're turn to stand guard" I say as I walk away back to the Door and wait.

In a few minutes Maddie is standing next to me gun in hand.

"I want to ask you something" I say.

She looks at me confused.

"About what Cole said a few days ago in the Truck" I say.

Her eyes buldge as she looks at me.

They return to normal again as she clears her throat.

"Nothing" She says her voice going high pitched towards the end.

"Tell me" I say.

She closes her eyes and lets out a breath.

"I'm.. pregnant" She says and opens her eyes to look at me.

I just stare at her.

I have no words.

"And Cole's the father" she finishes, and walks outside to the porch to take watch.

I just walk to my sleeping bag and lie down. I won't sleep tonight. My best friend in the whole world is pregnant.. in This world.

I manage after just. Thinking. to close my eyes and fall asleep.

~~

Time Skip

~~

I walk up with shots from a gun.

I Quickly sit up to find no one asleep.

Just me in the cottage.

I sit up as quick as possible and take my belongings.

While running outside I slip my katana out of its holder on my back and look at the horror in front of me.

Walkers. Everywhere. My Group all Back to back. Walker coming at them.

And Only a few of them have their guns, everyone else has a knife.

I see Richard, Colin, Conner, Madison, And Jacob with a gun doing what they can.

I act fast and run around my group slicing the heads off walkers.