Chapter 51 - The Interview

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The elevator dings, singling that we reached the main lobby.

I smile at the lady sitting at the front desk.

"Where you guys want to go?" I ask my group.

"Well we are now walker free in B.C so.... maybe lets walk on the beach?" Conner asks.

I think.

"I never did that in about two years!" I tell him.

"Lets do this!" Cole screams and takes off running towards the beach, making us all chase after him.

Sasha and Kayla are both neck to neck to me, in second.

They look at each other and then me. I smile and they pick up the pace running past Cole.

Colin and Conner speed past me and Cole, leaving me Madison and Cole together in back.

Everyone passing by on the street smiles at us.

Me and Madison catch up to a now walking Cole and start to talk and walk.

"What do you guys think of this place?" I ask.

"I think it's awesome, how the residents never gave up on this town when shit hit the fan, They have there own supplies, they make there own stuff with all there factory's so I think its awesome! I like how everyone rides on bicycles instead of driving cars, I mean there are still cars and stuff just in case but they are saving gas" Cole tells us.

"I agree with Cole! They also gave me a whole closet of cloths, and a safe filled with ammo!" Madison says.

"Me to" me and Cole say in sync.

"Do you think the kids got the safes?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't they?" Maddie ask's.

"There just kids" Cole says.

"No they arn't 'Just kids' anymore in this world, they bet this world, they survived they are stronger then any of us! And we should give them credit" Madison says a little frustrated, and also makes Cole shut up.

"Lets just go for a walk and enjoy this new beginning, we earned it, we made it" I say running off to join the kids who are playing tag in the sand.

~~

Time Skip

~~

When we finished playing tag We all sat down and talked.

"Who enjoyed the hot water?" I asked grinning.

They all cheered for hot water.

"Who likes there new cloths?" I ask.

They all cheered for new cloths.

"Who likes there rooms?" I asked.

They all cheered for there new rooms.

Conner kisses Colin out of excitement.

I smile at them.

"We should get back, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow" I say, but they ignore.

"What do you guys want to work at?" Cole ask's looking around the group.

"I'm gonna try to be a guard, I got these walker killing skill, I want to keep them just in case" I tell them.

"I'm going to the school, Stephan talked to us about it and we get to pick up right where we left off, Kayla and Sasha are starting kindergarten, me and Colin are starting grade 6, where we left off" Conner informed me.