Chapter 49 - Alberta

A/N: I'M IN SCHOOL AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO SO HERE IS A UPDATE HAVE FUN READING CHILDREN!!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mitchell's P.O.V

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It has been three constant days of driving, Taking turns sleeping, driving, and taking watch.

Only running into a little bit of trouble on the main roads.

Madison and Cole have been crying and shaking most of the way here.

As we pass a sign that says "Welcome To Edmonton!" I look around at the nice scenery, the weather is way different from Newfoundland.

Despite the destruction of the town, its nice.

Turning around a corner the truck comes to a sudden stop, jerking me to the window in the back of the truck.

I stand up to see why we stopped.

Walkers.... Walkers everywhere.. I watch as the walkers heads turn to us and their growls pick up.

"We can't get through that!" Riley screams.

"Back up! Go back!" I scream to Cole who is driving.

He does so but when we turn around walkers stop us.

I stand up and grab the AK-47 and pull the cock back.

Putting the strap over my head, I pass Riley a AK and I look at the kids and nod, letting them know to get there pistols out.

I go to the tail gate of the army truck with Riley and the kids beside me.

About fifty or so walkers are around the truck.

And I look at everyone and nod.

Raising my gun to the head of a bloody,woman walker with a dress on, I fire the first shot making the walker fall to the ground lifeless, and drawing the other walkers around the area to us.

Everyone starts firing there guns, killing the walkers.

I shoot three bullets in a row, killing three walkers.

I move the gun to the right and aim.

My heart sinks when I see the walker... A child.... about five years old, half of there face sunk in. I aim for the head and close my eyes, pulling the trigger.

The one thing they always under estimated in movies, was the sound of gun shots... They are very loud, but we are use to it.

~~

Time Skip

~~

After awhile we manage to clear the walkers out, tons of dead flesh eaters on the ground un-moving. I look around at the walkers and see the little boy walker again. I think of Austin, he would be five to.

Me, Nick, Conner, and Madison get out of the truck for a second.

"I need to pee" Conner tells us as we meet by the passenger door.

"Go pee over there" Nick says while pointing to a little ally way.

Conner nods and walks off.

"If we leave in about a hour I say judging by the distance on the map, to get to the CDC in Vancover B.C then maybe we will get there in about a day? Depending on traffic or not" I say pointing to the spot we are at and where we need to go.

"Okay! Let's suit up!" Madison say's hopping into the drivers seat.

I go to walk to the back of the truck again but Nick stops me.