Chapter 21: Regret

Gia and Mariska had gone back to the bookstore after they had their lunch at Mochi, a Japanese restaurant which wasn't too far from their store. Just after they came into the store, one of their employees walked towards them.

"Excuse me, Gia, Mariska."

"What's up, Claudia?" Gia asked.

"Gia, there is a note for you."

Both Gia and Mariska frowned. "A note?"

"Yes." Claudia gave a piece of paper to Gia.

She received it with a confused look. "Who is this from?"

Claudia shook her head slowly. "I can't tell you, Gia. You should read it. I'm sorry but I should go to the storeroom now."

"Okay. Thank you, Claudia."

Claudia nodded and smiled before she left them. Then, as Gia was so curious, she opened the note. Mariska also joined her to read it. The writing was very short but it was very well written.

Meet me at Ariston Hellenic Restaurant at 2. If you don't come here after an hour, I will come to your bookstore.

What made both of them surprised was that there was an autograph under the writing that they knew very well. "Is that Sebastian's autograph?" Mariska asked.

Gia was suddenly very nervous. She felt that it was finally the time for Seb and herself to talk. She really didn't expect it. She also didn't know what she should say to Mariska.

"Gia?"

"Eh, what?"

"Gia, what happened? Isn't this Seb's autograph?" Mariska repeated the question. She became more curious because Gia didn't say any words and she seemed so nervous.

Gia wasn't ready. She hadn't prepared for that. But she knew that she had to go. "Mariska, I'm sorry but I should go."

Mariska nodded slowly. "Okay, but promise me that you will explain to me when you go back here."

"Yes, I promise."

Gia who was still bringing her bag finally went to the restaurant that was mentioned by Seb on the note, leaving Mariska who had full of questions on her mind.

---

Gia arrived at the restaurant which also wasn't too far from the bookstore. The restaurant wasn't too big and there were not many people there. She looked to the left and right to find Seb. When she looked at her watch, it was almost 2. But she was sure that he had been there.

Not long after that, she found him with a waiter. When the waiter came, Seb decided to put off ordering the foods as his main purpose was to talk to Gia. Then, the waiter asked him to call if he was ready to order before he walked away.

Then, Seb looked at the woman who was approaching him. "Gia."

Gia's heart was beating so fast that it almost jumped from her chest. Seb called her with her nickname. She finally knew that he remembered her. She took her seat in front of him. She didn't want to be the first to speak. She was just waiting for him to start.

"Thank you for coming. If you are asking, yes, I remember that you're Gia. Georgia. When we met at the bookstore for the first time, I hesitated at first that it was you because you look a little different. You wear glasses and your hair is longer. But I had a strong feeling that it was you, Gia."

Gia kept bowing her head as she still avoided eye contact with Seb. She was speechless. She really didn't know what to say to him. She was also trying to control her emotion, as hard as she could.