Chapter 25: Forgive

⚠️TW // Accident (mentioning a little bit of Ludwig's car accident)⚠️

During the summer season, Once Upon A Book store always offered big discounts for the books that were sold. Because of that, the store was more crowded than usual. It made Gia, Mariska, and all employees become busier.

Gia was focusing on her task when Mariska knocked the door of their office. She asked her to come in. "Gia, I'm sorry if I disturb you."

"No problem." Gia closed her notebook. "Is there something, Mariska?"

Mariska was nervous. She didn't know how Gia would react. "Erm, Sebastian is here. He's waiting for you, Gia."

Gia suddenly felt peeved. She stared at her for a moment before reopening her book and pretended to read it. Even her heavy sigh could be heard clearly. He always appeared when she wasn't ready.

"Gia, please. Talk to him," Mariska begged.

Gia closed again her notebook roughly. "I'm not ready, Mariska."

Mariska sat on a chair in front of Gia. "Gia, I'm sorry if I seem to force you. But it will be better if you meet and talk to him. Solve your problem and be friends again with him."

"It's not that easy, Mariska. I don't think that I can control my emotions when I talk to him. I don't want to say something which leads to hurt him and I don't want to hurt myself either."

"You can, Gia. It's been more than a week. I feel that you don't need more time to think. I believe that you've known the answer for his apology, right?" Gia just nodded slowly. Then, Mariska held her hands. "Gia, you can see how hard he tries to get your forgiveness. You can count on how many times he has come to Vienna since he knew that you are here. I know that he is rich, he has a lot of cars in his garage or he can go by plane or even private jet, if he has any,"

"He doesn't have to think much about money he has spent to come here. But you have to think about the time. We both know that he is very busy. Last week, he came here after the race in Germany. And today, he comes here again to meet you. So, do you want to forgive him now?" Mariska asked.

Gia closed her eyes for a few moments before she replied, "Yes, of course."

She smiled to know the answer. "That's good, Gia. I believe that you can do this. Come on!"

Gia felt that she had to throw her disappointment away. Sooner or later, she knew that she had to forgive him. She took her bag on the table in case Seb would bring her somewhere to talk to and Mariska held her hand with hers. She kept whispering her with the words that made her calmer.

When they had been on the first floor, they saw a crowd. Those were the visitors who recognized Seb. So, they wouldn't waste their chance to take some photos with him. He also signed some note books they had. Gia and Mariska were waiting until the visitors left him. When they had gone back to the place where they read the books, the two of them knew that it was the right time.

"Seb."

That was Mariska's voice. But Seb was grateful that the woman he wanted to meet was there next to her. "Erm, hi, Gia," he greeted her, quite nervous.

"Hi." Not only Seb, but Gia was also very nervous. She didn't know what to say next, so she just waited for him to talk first.

"Erm, do I disturb you?"

Gia was about to answer when Mariska said, "No, Seb, don't worry. I can handle her task." Then, she whispered to Gia, "Go and talk to him."

"Do you mind if I bring you somewhere?"