Chapter 45: New Life

Since Seb told Gia that he broke up with Bernadette after she had an affair with someone, they hadn't met again yet. He said that he would probably visit Vienna if Formula 1 had started to race on the European continent, and she could understand that.

Seb didn't mind if Gia told about his problem to her mother and Mariska. So, she did tell it to them and they showed her more or less the same reaction. On one hand, Adelina felt surprised that Bernadette had betrayed his trust on her. But on the other hand, she felt so grateful that it was probably the chance for her daughter. While, Mariska felt relieved that her words about Bernadette were proven. She always believed that she wasn't a good person. But Gia always denied it.

Gia herself still wasn't convinced if that would become her chance to start a relationship with Seb. For her, it was still too early to take a decision. She couldn't deny herself that she was still a little bit afraid if he would leave her again someday.

She remembered that he had asked her once, right after he told her about Bernadette's affair. But she was sure that Seb himself still needed time to heal his broken heart before starting a new relationship with her.

---

Gia was working with her laptop in her office room alone. In the morning, Mariska texted her that she would be late as there was something that she had to do first. She was reading the February financial statements. She smiled as she couldn't believe that her career had been a successful one so far.

At 11 o'clock, someone knocked the door of the office room. Then, Gia heard that it was Mariska. So, she asked her to come in as the door was unlocked. "Gia, I'm so sorry that-"

"Hey! I've told you that it's fine," Gia chuckled.

"Thank you." Then, Mariska put her bag on the table before she went back to the middle of the room.

"Why are you still standing there?" Gia asked.

"Come here," Mariska asked Gia to come closer to her. "There's something I wanna tell you."

Gia furrowed her brows, but she still did as Mariska asked. "What do you want to tell me?"

Mariska lifted Gia's hands with hers. "I'm..." she couldn't hide her smile. "I'm pregnant!"

Gia released one of her hands from Mariska to close her mouth. "Oh my God! Mariska!" Then, she hugged her so tight. Both of them couldn't hold their happy tears. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, Gia," Mariska thanked her while wiping her tears with her palm.

"This is the best news ever! I should congratulate Tobias as well."

"Thank you once again, Gia. We are definitely happy and we couldn't believe that it didn't take too long for us to expect our first child."

"I should also tell my family and Seb. They must be thrilled to hear this."

Mariska smiled to see that Gia was so excited. Then, she explained about how she found out that she was pregnant. "This midnight I threw up and Tobi was panic. Then, I remembered that my period was late."

"Oh yes, I think that you've told me about that around two days ago and you were worried because it never happened to you."

"Yes, you're right, Gia. After that, I told him about that and he decided to go to the nearest pharmacy to buy the pregnancy test kits in the morning. Then I tested it right after he came back. And the result is positive!"

"I still can't believe it!"

"Me too! Tomorrow, I'll check it to the obstetrician. Maybe I'll come here after lunch."