Chapter 4: Vienna

The sunshine woke Gia up. She stretched her body and finally stood up from her bed. She tidied the duvet and made her bed before opening the curtain in her bedroom. She smiled as she was presented by a beautiful view.

She never regretted to move to Vienna. For her, Vienna was an amazing city. She liked the park, zoo, and museums. She liked everything in the city. Sometimes, she admitted herself that she was missing Heppenheim. It was where she came from. She had a lot of memories there. Including her memories with Seb.

The knock on the door slightly surprised her. She walked closer to open it. "Morning, mom."

Adelina smiled. "Morning, Gia. I thought that you were still sleeping, so I knocked the door to wake you up. Now you take a shower and get ready."

"Okay, mom."

---

Gia and Adelina were having their breakfast. It always felt different as there were just the two of them. There was no longer the figure of a husband and a father next to them.

"Gia?"

"Yes, mom?"

"So on Thursday, Tobias and Mariska will pick you up at 10."

She nodded. "That's right, mom. Are you sure that you don't want to join us?"

"No, Gia. I better stay here. You go with them. You all need some time to have fun."

"Okay if that's what you want."

To be completely honest, Gia wasn't ready to go to Spielberg with Tobias and Mariska. She didn't know how she would react if she met Seb there. And also, she was afraid if she couldn't keep the secret that she was friends with him from them.

Adelina was confused when she saw her daughter who suddenly fell silent. "What is it, sweetheart?"

Gia quickly shook her head. "Ah no, nothing, mom."

Adelina kept staring at her. "Are you thinking about Seb?"

"No, I'm not thinking about him," she lied.

"Gia, you can't lie."

She knew that she couldn't never lie to her mother. She sighed and bowed her head a little. "I'm sorry, mom. What if I meet him there?"

"If he still remembers you, you can talk to him. But remember, don't be emotional. Try to listen to all his explanations."

"And what if he forgets me?"

"I'm sorry, Gia, but I don't know. Maybe when we come to Heppenheim, we should visit his parents. We will talk about it to them."

Gia just nodded. Then, she looked at her watch. It was almost time for her to go to her bookstore. "Mom, let me wash the dishes, then I'll go to the bookstore."

"It's okay, I can do it myself. You can go now."

Gia wore her glasses that she put on the table and took her bag. Then, Adelina accompanied her to the front door. "See you later, mom!" she said before hugging her mother.

"Take care on your way, Gia!" she kissed Gia's head.

Gia waved her hand to Adelina before she stopped a taxi in front of their house. Then, she got into the car and her mother waited until the car ran.

---

Seb left his hotel and waited for a taxi that would bring him to the shopping center. Wearing a plain black sweatshirt, a pair of blue jeans, and also a pair of black Puma Suede shoes, he really looked like an ordinary person. He didn't forget to wear his cap and sunglasses, as he didn't want people to recognize him.