Chapter 70: New Adventure

As Swiss borders with Germany and Austria had been opened since an agreement in mid-May, Gia and Seb could finally be back to their main house, to be exact in the first week of June.

Beside that, Formula 1 had announced that the 2020 season would start from the first week of July, which meant that the first and second practice session would be held on Seb's birthday.

As the weekend was the special one for both of them, Gia insisted to come with Seb to Spielberg. At first, he doubted because he didn't know how the situation would be like, but in the end, he couldn't refuse her.

Seb brought his own motorhome as he didn't want to stay at a hotel. On Sunday morning, he was woken up by the alarm he set on his phone. As he glanced at his wife, she was still sleeping peacefully.

It was her 33rd birthday, which was only two days after his. He kissed her forehead with hoping that she would wake up. And it worked. "Happy birthday, my gorgeous Georgia!"

"Urgh," she stretched her hands and slowly opened her eyes wide. "It's 5th July already?"

Seb who sat up on the bed couldn't hold his laugh. "Of course! Do you think it's still my birthday?"

"Ah yeah, it was two days ago." He helped her to sit next to him. "Thank you very much, my champion."

Gia showed her gratitude with kissing him gently, and he kissed her back right after. They always shared morning kiss every day, but that was surely a different and special one. After they pulled away, Seb observed her.

She was almost 5-month pregnant. Her body had slowly changed as the round of her tummy was more visible and she started getting some stretch marks around there, but she was more beautiful than ever. She looked more radiant. Maybe that was what was called as the pregnancy glow.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Gia asked.

"You look more beautiful day by day," he praised his pregnant wife.

"Just be honest, Seb. Don't you see that I'm getting fatter and my cheeks are chubbier?"

"I see that!" Seb chuckled. "But it doesn't diminish your beauty."

"Oh, thank you for the compliment," Gia replied while her face blushed a little.

On that day, Seb would start from P11. Seemed like the season would be tough for him. The car was quite difficult to drive. Besides, his uncertain future was distracting his mind a little.

They prepared themselves before they left to the track. Considering that wearing a mask was a mandatory, both of them wore it since they were still in their motorhome.

"I hope that this pandemic ends soon," Gia complained. "Wearing a mask and glasses at the same time is a big problem, you know. The lenses are getting foggy."

Seb wanted to laugh seeing his wife complaining, but he wouldn't do that because he knew that she would pinch him. "Yeah, but we need to be patient. We never know when it will end. Let's go!"

Some minutes later, they arrived on track. As usual, Seb walked with Antti, and Gia was following a bit behind with Britta. Public had known about her pregnancy, as he allowed her to 'announce' it on her Instagram account some days before they went to Spielberg.

So, during the interview session on Thursday, the reporters didn't just ask him about his departure from Ferrari, but they also congratulated him and his wife for expecting their first child.

The race began some hours after and Seb could only gain one place. Gia sat down in the garage while watching the race. It hurt her to see him struggling. He was a champion and he deserved to have a better car.