Chapter 50: Reunited

Seb cupped one of her cheeks and stroked it with his thumb gently. His blue eyes never left hers. His pupils were dilating. Gia had never been that nervous before. Although she knew what would happen next, but she couldn't believe that it would finally happen.

Seb leaned forward and his lips finally met hers. Both of them closed their eyes. He finally knew that her lips felt so soft yet intoxicating. Gia hugged him so tight as their kiss became deeper. He caressed her brunette hair softly. They wanted to convey all of their feelings with that kiss.

After connecting their lips for the first time, Seb finally pulled away from her. The tears fell down from her closed eyes. Those were definitely happy tears. "I love you, Gia. I always will."

He helped her to erase the tears before she opened her eyes. She felt that she was the happiest and luckiest woman at the time. "I love you too, Seb."

Seb held both of Gia's hands with his. They were staring and smiling at each other for a few moments, without exchanging words. He finally broke the silence a minute later. "So, we are officially dating then?" he smirked.

Gia slapped his chest gently. "Seriously, Seb? Do you even have to ask me that?"

She knew that he was teasing her. So, both of them laughed. It felt different, in a positive way, as they finally got together. He couldn't stop feeling grateful that she officially became his girlfriend. But it wasn't enough. He wanted more.

"But Gia-"

"Yes?"

"I don't just want to date you. I'd wasted more or less 12 years to try to forget you. I even had a relationship with other woman. I..." Seb suddenly felt nervous to tell her what he wanted to do. "I want to marry you as soon as possible."

Her mouth hung open a little. "Are you serious, Seb?"

"I am. I don't want to waste more time. We both are 31. Almost 32. I've always dreamt to build a family with you, to have our own children, to live a happier life," Seb said it solemnly. "Are you ready for that, Gia?"

Gia could see his sincerity. Her mind went from doubting to start a relationship with him to wanting to marry him and have children with him very quickly. "I am ready," she agreed.

Those were three words that Seb really wanted to hear from Gia. Soon, she would be his wife, the half of his life. He opened his arms which made her hug him again. He gave some little kisses on her hair. "Can we go to your house now? I want to meet your mother," he whispered at her.

"Ah, okay."

They pulled away from each other and walked hand in hand together to his car. After unlocking the car, he opened the door for her. She gave him a smile as she thanked him. On their way, they lost in their own minds. They were absorbing what had just happened between them. No talks, they just glanced and smiled at each other.

On the previous year, when they met for the first time after 12 years, Seb didn't even have a thought that Gia would welcome him back. He was too afraid to tell the truth to her, about how he tried to forget her with moving to Switzerland, to focus one hundred percent on his career and how he regretted it in the end.

Gia also didn't know that her love story would be a happy ending. She thought that Seb had forgotten her and he would marry other woman. But she was completely false. There was still a chance waiting for both of them and they had finally reached it.

---

Seb stood right behind Gia as she was knocking the door. It didn't take too long for them to wait until it was opened. "Gia, Seb, come in," Adelina welcomed them, although she was confused why her daughter had gone back home and he was there with her.