18

Twelve days

Twelve days. Twelve days until Niall leaves for tour. Only twelve more days before I don't get to see him for eighty-five days. Niall told me that he'd call me every morning after he woke up, and after each show, and that we'd talk every night before one of us went to sleep. But I made him promise that he would always call his mum before calling me.

When Niall had first told me about the tour, it didn't seem like it was that long. It starts at the end of August and ends at the end of November. That's only three months, more like two considering there's only one show in the month of August.

Those eighty-five days are going to feel like a lifetime.

And I was going to be all alone in my apartment.

Celina kept extending her trip to the states, finding more things to do and people to hang out with. I has no idea of when she's coming back, and I don't think she does either. She hasn't kept in touch, just an occasional text checking in on me, which is much appreciated. I can tell she's been busy doing different things, some of them for work and some of them just for fun.

While Celina's partying in the states, I'm sat on Niall's couch, watching whatever movie he turned on as it plays on the projector. He sat a few feet away with his laptop in his lap and his feet resting on the chaise. I told him earlier that it's not a good idea for him to rest his running shoes on his expensive white couch, but he didn't listen to me.

Since we got back from France, we haven't spent too much time apart. I was practically staying here every night. During the day, if one of us had to work or get something done we parted ways, but we always had dinner together, which ended in me staying the night here. On lazy days, like today, we just sat around for most of the day.

Niall was still busy even on the days where he didn't have to go to the studio or go to rehearsals. He was checking emails and answering phone calls sporadically throughout the day.

My days, however, were mostly uneventful. I haven't been scheduled to work more than two days in the past few weeks and I didn't feel like asking to be scheduled considering the fact that I'm planning on finding a new job soon. Every so often, Cindy would call me and give me updates on what's going on.

Things have been calm lately, almost too calm. But I've also been a lot more relaxed, not worrying too much about what could happen in the future. There's nothing I can do to stop it, so there's no point in worrying about it.

"So, I have an idea." Niall says, setting his laptop to the side and turning to me.

"Okay?" I respond.

A small smile appears on his face, "I know we just went to France, but I thought that maybe we could take another short trip before I leave."

Niall wants us to go on another trip? This is probably his busiest month so far this year, yet he wants to take another trip.