19

"That was the longest plane ride I think I've ever been on!" I groan, flopping back on the mattress of Niall and I's bed in our hotel room

We were staying in a nice hotel and I had Niall to thank for that. He planned everything and won't tell me what he has planned. He won't even let me help pay for our trip, despite my many offers.

Niall chuckles, "Oh really."

"Yeah." I respond, "Longest eleven hours of my life."

"It wasn't that bad." Niall says.

"That's because you slept through most of it." I fire back. "Plus you're used to flying, I'm not."

I've only ever been on a plane a few times in my life. A majority of those times were flying from London to France, which is a very short trip. But the plane ride from London to San Francisco was incredibly long. I've traveled this far before with my Dad, but we had a layover in New York, which split the journey in half.

After this trip, I honestly don't think I'll ever come back to the states on my own. I'm perfectly fine with just staying in Europe, but I know that won't happen. The second Niall asks me to go somewhere with him, I guarantee I'll say yes. Maybe eventually I'll get used to flying and I'll be able to join Celina and her friends on their trips and vacations.

I wasn't as nervous about flying as I thought I would be, and I think it was because I had Niall with me. For some reason, his presence seems to calm me a decent amount. And I knew he intentionally waited until we were over the states to fall asleep, so that I wasn't nervous about the ocean anymore.

I was envious that he could just fall asleep that easily. But then again, I can barely sleep at night, so I didn't expect to be able to sleep on the plane. So I sat there, for eleven long hours, bored beyond belief while Niall peacefully slept next to me.

And it doesn't help that I can barely sit still for longer than twenty minutes.

"How about this." Niall says, leaning over me. The small gold coin attached to his necklace dangles between us. "Let's relax and take a nap for a little bit, and in a few hours we can go take a look around and get something to eat."

"There's no way you're tired." I frown.

"So." He remarks.

Niall steps away and pulls back the duvet, sliding in between the hotel blankets. He opens his arms and motions with his hands for me to come and lie next to him. I crawl under the covers of the surprisingly comfortable bed. He pulls me over to him, his arms wrapped around me with my back pressed against his chest.

I close my eyes in an attempt to sleep, the sound of the air conditioner running a Niall softly humming a melody fills the empty silence.

When I wake up, Niall is sitting with his back against the headboard, with his laptop sitting in his lap. He glanced over at me once he noticed that I had moved. The giant grin that has been plastered on his face since we landed was still beaming at me.