20

"Béa, baby

"Béa, baby." Niall's soft voice calls, coaxing me out of a light sleep. "Wake up."

I turn on my side in the direction of his voice. "Hmm." I hum, not being awake enough to form actual words.

He chuckles at my attempt to savor my last few moments of sleep, even though I'm awake now. "We've got lots to do today."

Finally I open my eyes and I'm met with Niall's face very close to mine. His body was leaning over the bed, all of his weight was on his arms. Water droplets fell from his hair and landed on the mattress next to where I was laying.

Recently, I've noticed that whenever Niall and I wake up in the morning, he waits until after he takes a shower to wake me up. Part of me thinks that he's caught on to the fact that I can't sleep half the time, so he lets me sleep in a bit while he's in the shower.

Niall presses a quick kiss to my lips, "Good morning, baby."

"Good morning." I smile, sitting up in the bed.

"It's almost 8:30." He tells me, as he returns back into the bathroom to get dressed. "I figured you'd want to go get breakfast before we go see the bridge."

The sink turns on and off and then Niall reappears around the corner, "You know they stop serving breakfast at 11. And since it takes you forever to..."

"I don't take that long to get ready." I respond, cutting him off. He doesn't make some witty comment back, I simply hear him chuckle to himself.

Eventually, I get out of the bed. My feet pad across the carpeted floor all the way over to the giant window in our hotel room. I push the curtains open enough to let some natural light into the room to try and wake myself up a bit more.

The sky was dark, leaving no trace of the sun's existence. A dense fog took over the skyline, causing the tops of the tallest buildings to vanish and making the city feel confined to what's visible from the window. A few stray raindrops found themselves caught on the outside of the gigantic window, some of them were stuck in place while others eventually managed to glide across the glass pane.

"I'm sorry the weather isn't very nice today." Niall tells me, his footsteps approaching me from behind. His arms snake around my waist and his chin rests on my shoulder as we both peer out the window. "I was looking forward to today the most."

Today's weather is quite the opposite of yesterday's. Yesterday the skies were bright and sunny, not a cloud in sight, and it was incredibly hot outside. Today, however, the sky is dark and foggy, and it appears to be chilly outside

Yesterday, Niall took me to the Museum of Modern Art. I never took him as an art museum kind, but then again I wouldn't consider myself an art museum kind of girl.

In all honesty, I never really understood modern art or what made it so significant. To me, art was just paint on a canvas or ink on a paper. I didn't realize the level of complexity that goes with the meaning of every single work of art. The simplicity of some of the pieces is what made it so unique and complex in a way. It's crazy how much yellow circles on a gray background can make you think. There's so much beauty in the fact that each piece of artwork has a deeper meaning than what can be physically seen.