03

When I woke up, Celina was still asleep next to me

When I woke up, Celina was still asleep next to me. After we had to leave the club early last night, she insisted on having a sleepover at my apartment so we could talk about Niall and me. We stayed up for a while talking about everything that happened in the short time we were at the club. I told her about everything that happened when Niall and I were talking, and she told me how she made out with a guy in the bathroom. We both had drastically different nights, but it was nice to talk about all of it. Knowing that Celina was going to have to go back to the States soon and that we wouldn't get to have moments like this for a while made it all the more fun.

After it seemed like we talked about everything, and once we were about to go to sleep, Celina had the idea to listen to music, specifically Niall's music, which only got us more riled up. I had no idea how long we had been singing and dancing around my apartment before I got a text from the woman who lived next door. I assumed it had been pretty late and I instantly apologized to her for bothering her and her sons. After that, Celina and I had calmed way down.

I got out of my bed and made my way over to the kitchen. As I passed the oven, I noticed that the clock said it was already past noon. I pour myself a bowl of cereal for breakfast and sit down at the counter, opening the book I left lying there. I prop the book up against the pot of one of my succulents and skim through the pages as I eat.

I'm not sure how long I had been reading before Celina had woken up, but it was long enough that I had finished my breakfast and pushed the bowl aside. Celina walked into the kitchen holding her forehead with one of her hands, "I've got one hell of a headache."

"There's Advil in the cabinet above the sink," I say.

She sighs as if she already didn't know it was there, "You're a lifesaver."

I watch as she fishes a pill out of the bottle, pops it in her mouth, and leans under the faucet to get a drink. I chuckle at the fact that there are clean glasses in the cabinet right next to her. Being friends with Celina means I'll never have a dull moment. She turns and looks at me, and then peers down at my book.

"Ew!" She says, making a disgusted face, "Are you reading?"

"Yes," I state, but it comes out as more of a question.

"Why?" She questions, grabbing an apple from the fridge.

"Because I happen to like reading." I laugh.

"I like reading." She defends, "I read too, just not books about..." She pushes my book forward to see the cover. "...poems?" she continues.

"Motivational quotes." I correct.

"Why's it in French?" She asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Because I bought it that way." I laugh, shaking my head a few times. "You know you're very judgemental after you wake up."

"Yeah, yeah." She says and jokingly rolls her eyes. Celina makes her way to the other side of the counter and sits next to me. "So... Have you heard from your Irish hottie?" She asks. I feel my cheeks start to redden at her nickname for Niall.

"I don't know." I answer, "I haven't looked at my phone yet."

"What?" Celina shouts, hopping up from her seat. "You have to look, like right now."

"Why?" I chuckle, "If he texted me, the message won't just disappear."

"C'mon, c'mon." She says, "Béa!"

I laugh, close my book, and follow a very giddy Celina back to my room where my phone is charging. Celina sits down on my bed, trying, and failing, to control her excitement. I lift my phone from my nightstand and unplug it. I scroll through my notifications, seeing nothing. No missed phone calls from unknown numbers. No new text messages. Nothing.

"Well?" Celina asks, practically on the edge of her seat.

"Nothing," I reply.

"That's lame." She scoffs.

"It's whatever," I say, trying to hide the bits of disappointment I'm feeling. "I honestly didn't think I'd ever see him again anyway. At least I gave it a shot, right?"

"I still can't believe you had the balls to do that. I definitely couldn't have done that." She says.

"I figured that the worst thing that could happen is that Niall thinks I'm some weird girl from the club and end up never seeing him again. Plus, it makes for a good story to tell one day." I say.

"He should be impressed." Celina says, "I'm impressed! Writing your phone number on Niall Horan's arm, without hesitating, is probably the boldest thing you've ever done. I don't know how you weren't nervous."

"I was, trust me." I laugh.

"I wish we wouldn't have had to leave so early." Celina sighs, laying down on my bed, "I feel guilty.

"Why? It's not your fault that Dean showed up." I say, lying down next to her.

"Yeah, but I made you leave. Who knows what could've happened between you and Niall if you wouldn't have left with me."

"Cel, I was not going to let you ride in an Uber by yourself at night," I say. "Who cares what could have happened, I guess we'll never know. In the end, things will work out the way they're supposed to."

Celina lets out a laugh, "Was that from your stupid French motivation book?"

"Maybe." I chuckle, knowing exactly what page from my book that quote was on.

"Do you wanna go somewhere more chill and lowkey tonight?" Celina asks.

"Yeah." I respond, "Where?"

"That bar on Sherwood, maybe?" She suggests.

"Fine by me." I laugh.

I'm not really a big fan of this chapter and it's defiantly not my best, sooo there will be a double update

I'm not really a big fan of this chapter and it's defiantly not my best, sooo there will be a double update. Chapter 4 will be out shortly after this one is posted.