04

I sat at the bar with my drink in one hand and I used the other to support my chin

I sat at the bar with my drink in one hand and I used the other to support my chin. I was bored out of my mind. Celina has been flirting with the bartender all night and he's been giving us free drinks. She started off by telling about her modeling career, but now they're telling stories about the different places they've traveled. I honestly can't complain about feeling left out, I've made no effort to involve myself in the conversation. Tonight I was just observing my surroundings, which is something I used to do a lot.

For some reason, I wasn't feeling like myself today and I couldn't pinpoint why. I can't truthfully say that I wasn't a tiny bit upset about not hearing from Niall, but usually, I don't let things like that bother me. Maybe it was my meeting with Cindy on Monday. I told myself I wasn't going to worry about it, but that doesn't mean that I'm not subconsciously thinking about it. Could it be because deep down I know Celina's leaving soon and I'll be by myself for a while? Or maybe it's just that I'm homesick. I haven't been back home in a few months and I miss spending time with my mum.

I think Celina could tell something was up when we were getting ready. Instead of wearing a skirt and a cute shirt, I wore a pair of leggings and a cropped tank top with a cardigan. I know she noticed my outfit choice but she didn't say anything about it. I'm honestly thankful she didn't, I don't know how I'd explain how I was feeling today.

The bartender, whose name I learned is Brody, kept the free drinks coming and I found myself staring at whatever was on the giant television, almost completely zoning out.

"Those guys over there are looking at you," Celina says, nudging my foot to get my attention. I turn to look at them. There were three of them sitting at a table, looking in our direction. One waves at me and I slightly wave back.

"Go talk to them." Celina encourages.

I shake my head, "I'm not feeling it tonight."

A concerned look appears on her face, "Is everything okay? You've been kind of off all night."

I shake my head, "I'm fine, I promise. I've just been having one of those days."

"We can leave if you want." Celina offers.

"No, it's fine. We can stay." I smile, "You and Brody seem to be hitting it off. I wouldn't want to drag you away." I laugh and nudge her elbow.

"No, it's fine. He doesn't get off work for a few more hours. We can leave and then I'll have him meet me at my apartment or something." She says.

"If you're sure you want to go, then I guess that's fine," I say.

"Of course it's fine." She smiles, "Just give me a minute to tell Brody."

I chuckle, "Okay."

We waited a while for Brody to come back over to us, he had gone to the other end of the bar to serve more customers. Celina stares at her phone screen, while I find my vision drifting back to the television screen. I don't think my brain is even comprehending what I'm watching, I'm practically on a different planet with just me and my thoughts.