06

It was close to four in the morning when Niall and I left the park

It was close to four in the morning when Niall and I left the park. The time seemed to fly by, one second it was eleven and the next it was nearly four. It was one of those things where neither of us were even keeping track of what time it was, we were so focused on each other. I could've stayed out there all night, and I had a feeling Niall could've too. Niall reluctantly suggested that he'd drive me home after my phone had died. We made our way back up the hill and to his car. I gave him directions to my apartment, which was on the other side of the city. We continued on our conversations from earlier, but it slowly turned into Niall making jokes about how I never learned how to drive in England. I might have brought up a certain video involving Niall and a basketball, but it only added to him teasing me about some of the embarrassing things I had told him about me.

I began dreading seeing the familiar street names and buildings. Knowing that I was almost home and that I'd be leaving Niall soon wasn't something I was looking forward to. Granted I figured we were going to have to go our separate ways at some point, I wasn't ready for it now.

Niall pulls his car off to the side of the road in front of my apartment and shuts the vehicle off. I open the door and step out onto the pavement, noticing that Niall was doing the same.

I look at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He asks. "I'm walking you to your door."

"What a gentleman." I tell him.

He smirks and walks with me up to my door. He watches me as I reach into the pocket of my sweater and grab my keys. The butterflies found their way back to my stomach, their fluttering present all over my body. I held my keys out and tried to connect them with the lock. Rather than gracefully unlocking my door, my keys slipped right out of my hands and crashed onto the ground.

Both Niall and I lean down to pick them up, our hands meeting on top of my keys. He picks up my keys and hands them to me. We both stand back up and I enter the key into the lock. I look back to Niall and he's still looking at me. This time, his facial expression is hard for me to read.

He looks to the ground, like he's thinking about something, and quickly looks back to me. He takes a step closer to me, our bodies nearly touching. Niall reached out and cupped my right cheek with his left hand. Before I could register what was happening, his lips were on mine. Without even thinking, I hold onto his arm, pulling him closer. The kiss was gentle and didn't last long before Niall pulled away. I know that it was impulsive on both our ends, but I didn't care.

I take a step back separating us once again. I look up at him, his blue eyes staring into my brown ones, a large smile on his face.

I nervously chuckle, deciding to act on impulse once again. "Would you like to come inside?" I ask.

Niall smiles and nods, "Thought you'd never ask."

I laugh and unlock my door stepping into my apartment. I reach out for Niall's hand and lead him inside and up the stairs to my living room and kitchen. I can tell that he's looking around at everything and I can't help but feel relieved that I had cleaned a few days ago.