24

Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro.

Such a beautiful city with so much to see and do.

The show is tonight, but we're staying here a little while longer. I've only ever been here once before, so I was hoping that I'd have extra time to spend in the city. These past few weeks, with the exception of being in Los Angeles, have had me on the go. In the different places I'm stopping in, I haven't had any time to do things that weren't related to my music. It's been pretty much the same; I arrive in the city, do some publicity with different media outlets, perform, and then leave for the next city. I know that the shows in the U.S. are going to be even more jam packed. I'm really hoping to take this extra time to enjoy being in Brazil before things get too hectic.

Tour so far has been unbelievable in the best way possible. I did not expect to ever be performing for this many people on my own. Especially since the album hasn't even been released yet.

There's less than three weeks before Flicker is out and as the release date grows nearer the more nervous I become. Despite the reassurances from everyone, I'm worried that the album won't do well with just my name on it.

Then again, I thought the same about this tour and here I am with a majority of the shows being sold out.

After soundcheck was over, I found myself with time to spare for the first time today. I woke up late this morning, only having time to send Béa a good morning text, even though it was the middle of the day for her. Almost immediately after I was awake and ready I had to be at the venue.

After briefly speaking to the stage crew and my team, I made my way back to my dressing room. For a moment or two, I take in the complete silence, finally being able to sit and relax for the first time since I woke up. I didn't have anything I absolutely needed to do for a few hours, besides call Béa and my family.

I diall Béa's number and press my phone to my ear, listening to the dial tone. It rings for a while, leading me to think that maybe she won't answer.

"Hi, my love!" Béa chirps.

The sound of her voice makes me smile almost instantly. "Hey baby. I miss you!

"I miss you more!" She cheers, "How's Brazil?"

"So far it's been really good. Haven't seen much other than my hotel room and the venue, though." I answer, "What are you up to?"

"I'm actually having dinner with Soleil, Gill..." She hesitates, "and Lucy."

I know Béa well enough to know that something's up by the way she's speaking. There's something going on that she either doesn't want me to know about or something she's unsure of.

"That's nice." I tell her, dismissing the negative thoughts in my head. "Are you enjoying being back in France?"

"Yes," She answers, and I can hear the excitement in her voice. She begins to tell me more about her return to France but quickly gets cut off.

"Woah!" A male voice yells, which is followed by a crash loud enough to hear through the phone. Almost immediately after, all of the girls, including Béa fall into a fit of laughter.

"Oh my... Tommy!" I hear Lucy shout through the phone, "You've almost just made me spill my tea!"

"I'm sorry!" The voice belonging to Tommy apologizes, "I tripped."

"What was that?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing." Béa tells me.

It wasn't nothing.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. Lucy just... uh," Béa pauses, "dropped her tea."

My heart sinks as the lie rolls off her tongue.

"Oh?" I state, but it comes off sounding as more of a question.

"Yeah." Béa says, "Everything's okay here, don't worry. What were you saying?"

"I was just asking how France was." I answer, "How's your mum?"

"She's great!" Béa answers, "She was actually asking about you yester-"

"Béa!" Someone shouts and I can't tell if it's Gillian or Soleil.

"What?" Béa calls back to them. The person says something else, but I can't make out what is said. "Hold on." Béa tells me.

Clearly I called at a bad time. I don't seem to have Béa's full attention, plus she lied directly to me. Now just doesn't seem to be a good time for us to talk.

"You sound busy." I told her, "I'll let you go."

"Wait, Niall-" She begins, but I hang up before she is able to finish speaking.

I don't even know how to comprehend what just happened.

She lied to me.

Well, I don't know if it's considered a lie, but she didn't tell me the truth.

Béa must have thought that I couldn't hear whatever was going on. But I did. And I'm very confused.

How is it okay for her not to tell me she's with Tommy when she was mad at me for being with Emily? She's doing the same thing that she got mad at me for.

I made a mistake by not telling Béa I was with Emily in Japan. I didn't realize that it would make Béa uncomfortable, but now I do. I thought that we established that sort of trust after what happened.

Why didn't she just tell me he was there too? Yeah, I'm not all too fond of Tommy, but just because I don't like him doesn't mean she can't hang out with him. I would have rather her just tell me he was there. It wouldn't have bothered me knowing that Tommy was there. It's the fact that he's there and Béa didn't tell me that bothers me.

Part of me is worried.

Why would she try and hide it from me?

I suck at writing Niall POV's.

To make up for it, this will be a double update!

Anyways, be on the look out for Chapter 25. It should be up shortly. MWAH!