34

3 Months Later

3 Months Later

I'm convinced that Shawn Mendes is capable of talking me into anything. And, of course, he knows this and uses it to his advantage.

The biggest example being last month when he managed to convince me to let him fly to France for my birthday. I'm not even sure how he found out when my birthday was, but he had called me and next thing I know he and my mother had planned a birthday party for me in the boutique.

But even before then he'd gotten me into some situations I'd never have gotten myself into on my own.

It was nothing bad, of course. He's not a complete bad influence on me.

He's just the one person who can get me to make impulsive decisions.

So when he asked me to do what has led me to my current situation, I couldn't say no. Not only do I owe it to him because he's one of my best friends, but he was there for me through the aftermath of the release of the article.

The fallout of the release of the alleged exposé was far less extreme than I had been anticipating. I've been blacklisted, along with all the other actresses mentioned, for sleeping with the director to get a part. Surprisingly, the media has been very supportive of what has been deemed as an abuse of power on the directors part. There's always the people that aren't supportive, and to be quite honest, I understand where they're coming from. The general consensus is that myself and the other girls had been taken advantage of. And thankfully I stopped giving a rat's ass about what people on social media thought of me after Niall and I had been seen together for the first time. Nonetheless, I'm considered "problematic" and allegedly no one will want to hire me.

And that just absolutely breaks my heart.

Not!

As far as I'm concerned, I kissed my acting career goodbye after my "grand debut." I never had any intention of returning to the big screen and if anything, this gives me a greater reason not to.

Of course, when the article went public and its contents became public knowledge, I was asleep. Even then, I had even realized it was released until hours after I woke up and Shawn had called me.

He talked to me and assured me that everything was fine and that it would all blow over. And somehow, one thing led to another and now I find myself back in Los Angeles.

With one week until the release of his third studio album, which I have already had the honor of listening to in its entirety, Shawn thought it would be the perfect time to have an album release party. And of course he had to invite his absolute best friend, my words not his.

All jokes aside, there's no way I would be missing this. Especially since this album is an absolute masterpiece.

Although I was weary at first, Shawn had assured me that it wouldn't be a legit party scene. He told me that it would just be a few of his closest friends hanging out to celebrate his album. The way it was described to me, it's more of an album release "hangout" than a party.