36

Four and Half Months Later

The flight from Florida to London was agonizingly long. Every part of me wanted to be back home. Not only was I drained from the last leg of the tour, but I knew the sooner I arrived in London the sooner I would be able to see Béa. In order to avoid being overbearing, I made myself wait until I'd been back in town for at least a few days before trying to contact her.

After a fews days of being back in London, and a somewhat helpful pep talk from Lewis, I set out to Béa's apartment. With a lump in my throat and my heart on my sleeve, I drive down the familiar streets, growing closer and closer to my destination.

I stop my car in the small driveway before Béa's apartment. This is it. I'm going to knock on her door and just lay everything out in front of her. Every thought and feeling, every shameful confession. Everything. And if she still wants me, I'm all hers.

With an adrenaline rush coursing through my veins, I get out of my car and stride across the pavement. Without hesitating, I knock three times on the dark wooden door. My heart pounds in my chest, waiting for her to come down the stairs and open the door.

But she never does.

After waiting and waiting, there's no sign of any life coming from the inside of her apartment.

She's not home.

It's almost funny. Of course, she's not home. There's always something getting in between the two of us and it happens everytime without fail.

Not letting my adrenaline run out, I take my phone out of my pocket and go to Béa's contact. Without hesitating, I dial her number and hold my phone to my ear. It rings, and rings, and rings. The same loop replaying over and over again until it sends me to her voicemail.

I don't leave a message. Not after seeing how angry my last one had left her.

She didn't answer and it's like a smack in the face. I don't want to let myself think that she doesn't want me anymore. Maybe she's moved on since the last time we spoke.

I kick a stone across the street, ready to accept defeat. Maybe she decided that she didn't want to be with me. She realized she would be better off on her own, or with someone else perhaps.

I'm not ready to give up just yet.

In a last chance effort, I pull out my phone and dial the number of the only person that I think could help me. It's definitely a long shot. If Béa hates me, she surely does too. The line rings and rings repeatedly, not leaving me with much hope for an answer.

At the last moment, she answers. "Hello?" Celina's voice answers, audibly uncertain.

"Celina? It's Niall." I clarify.

"Yeah, I saw." She deadpans, "Do you need something?"

She's being hesitant, and I understand why. The two of us haven't spoken in at least eight months and getting a call from your best friend's ex probably isn't very comforting.

I clear my throat, "Do you know where Béa is? I'm at her apartment but she isn't here."

"She moved back home. Months ago, actually." Celina answers, her voice becoming more chipper, like she's let her guard down. "I thought she would have told you."

Béa's back in France?

"I thought so too, but she hasn't answered my calls in months."

Celina lets out a small chuckle, "Oh, she must not have had Shawn tell you that she got a new number when she moved home."

New number?

What a gigantic mess this is turning out to be. All along, I thought she was ignoring me. Maybe she was. But the last time the two of us spoke, she acted like she wanted to revisit the idea of us being together.

"So she's in France?" I clarify, millions of thoughts running through my head.

"Mhm." Celina answers, "What are you going to do?"

I could walk away. But I won't.

All signs are pointing to this being a sign that things won't work out. If they are, I'll look away.

But I still don't know what to do next. The only thing I know for sure is that there's no way I'm giving up now.

After moments of tense silence passed, I finally spoke, "I don't know."

"You have to go see her!" Celina shouts directly in my ear.

"Do you think she wants to see me?"

Instantly answers, "Yes!"

"Do you really think so?" I learily ask, "I don't want to get there and have my heartbroken again."

Celina scoffs, "The two of you are absolute fools."

She takes my silence as a sign to continue on.

"Béa loves you, still! Even after those photos of you with other girls went around, and after some of the things fans were saying about you; she still freaking loves you. For her there's never been anyone else. Not Shawn or Tommy. No one. So if you really truly feel the same way about her go to France! Go to France and don't look back!"

Go to France and don't look back.

I won't look back.

Last Niall POV.

Sorry it's so short.

Only one more.

Final chapter will be up tomorrow.

Mwah.