05

Niall drove us to a part of the city I had only been once before when my mother came to visit

Niall drove us to a part of the city I had only been once before when my mother came to visit. Primrose Hill was notorious for its view of the London skyline. Sitting here, I could vouch for how beautiful the view was. At first, I wasn't sure why Niall brought me here, but seeing the skyline at night was so much more beautiful than during the day. Niall had suggested that we get out and find a spot to sit in the grass. Since it was July, the temperature at night was still rather warm and we wouldn't have to worry about being too cold. Niall led me to a bench not too far from where he parked his car and we sat there admiring the view of the city.

"I've seen movies like this." I tell Niall, "A guy takes a girl to a nice place, alone, at night. That movie only ever ends one of two ways, you know."

"And how's that?" Niall asks.

"Well, they either end up getting killed or..." I trail off.

"Or?" Niall encourages, a smirk pulling at his lips.

"Or... they end up in some romantic love story with a cliché happy ending."

"Well, for multiple reasons, I hope this ends with the second option." He states and I feel the butterflies in my stomach again.

"You're quite cheeky." I smile.

After a few moments of silence, Niall turns to me, "I want to get to know you."

I have to stop myself from almost blurting out 'why?' I shift in my spot so that I'm facing him, "What do you want to know?" I smile. "I'm an open book."

"Everything." He states, catching me off guard.

Of all the guys I've met, hardly any of them seemed to care about anything other than my appearance. None of them bothered to even attempt to get to know me. But then again, they only wanted one thing from me. I can already tell that things with Niall are quite different.

"Everything?" I repeat, making sure I heard him correctly.

"Yes." He chuckles, "You know, things like your birthday, how old you are, where you grew up. Everything."

"Okay, well..." I let out a small laugh, "My birthday is April 22nd. I'm 22 years old. And I grew up in a small town near Bordeaux in France. Your turn."

Niall smiles, "Maybe you could Google it." I can't help but laugh at him using my own line on me.

I tilt my head at him, "I'd rather hear it from you."

His smile grows wider, "Well then... I'm 23, I was born on the 13th of September, and I grew up in Mullingar. Now, it's your turn, ask me anything."

"Hmm..." I say, tapping my chin as if I were thinking, "Biggest fear?"

Niall snickers, "Jumping right in the deep end, aren't ya. I thought you were gonna ask my favorite color or something."

I playfully furrow my eyebrows at him and try my hardest to hold back my smile, "Listen, I-"