15

I have been avoiding my mother all morning

I have been avoiding my mother all morning. Everytime she walks in a room, I casually slip out. She's acting like she doesn't notice, but I can tell she does. There's only so many places to hide in this house. Niall caught on to my actions shortly after the three of us had breakfast together and I can tell he's been trying his best to keep her company.

I have no idea how I'm going to tell her.

I'd like to think my acting skills are pretty decent, but I have a feeling Mum knows something's up.

"Béa." Niall says, finding my hiding spot out in the garden. "You've gotta tell her soon. She just asked me if you were okay."

I sigh and walk over to him, resting my forehead on his chest. His arms wrap around my back and he holds me to him.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm scared." I truthfully answer.

"I know, baby." He comforts, "I'll be there when you tell her, if you want me there."

"Please." I sigh.

"I'll always be by your side." Niall says, "No matter what."

"Maybe she won't yell at me if you're there." I joke.

After a few moments of silence, Niall speaks up again, "Do you want to hang out here for a little while longer? Or do you wanna head inside?"

I think for a moment, trying to weigh my options. I would love nothing more than to sit out here with Niall and just admire everything, but I know that I won't be able to enjoy it. I won't be able to relax and enjoy my time here until I tell her.

"It's probably better to just get this over with." I finally answer.

Niall and I walk inside and my heart drops to my stomach. With each step further into the house, the pounding in my chest becomes more extreme.

Eventually, we find Mum sitting in her favorite chair in the living room. She's looking through a fashion magazine while drinking her morning tea. Slowly, I walk into the room and sit down on the couch, trying to look as nonchalant as possible. Niall sits down on the other end of the couch, giving me my own space but yet still being close to me.

"Well there you are." Mum says, looking up from her magazine. "I've barely seen you all morning."

"Moman, I have something I need to tell you." I finally manage to say.

Her eyes go wide and she stares directly at me, "Are you pregnant?"

Niall practically chokes on the air he was breathing and his eyes go about as wide as my mother's.

"I kind of had a feeling when.." She continues, not giving Niall or I a chance to interfere.

"No!" I shout, "I'm not pregnant."