31

It takes me a moment to figure out where I am

It takes me a moment to figure out where I am. Darkness surrounds me, only a hint of light peeking through the curtains. The room is painted a faded blue color, contrasting with the usually gray color that I'm used to in my own home.

Although it's just barely morning, the city is alive and full of life. The loud sounds of cars passing doesn't seem to bother the sleeping girl lying on my chest.

The memories from the night before coming rushing back to me. The sight of her dark hair once again tricking me, just for a moment, and giving me a sense of false security. But it was only for a moment, though, there's not a thing about where I am currently that feels secure.

Everything is so different in this current moment. Different to what I'm used to.

I'm used to the quiet hum of my apartment, not the sound of cars zooming past.

I'm used to waking up to a faded vanilla scent, of sorts, not this musky scent that is filling the room.

I'm used to Béa's tight grip on my arm while she sleeps, not Gabby pressing her head against my chest.

And look where I am now, lying in someone else's arms. Someone I hardly know. The first person I've been with since Béa.

I don't regret what I did last night, I just wish it had been with someone else. I wish it had been with Béa.

I want to blame her and say that she drove me to this, but she didn't. My actions are all my own, regardless of any outside persuasion.

She took my heart, leaving me empty.

And I want it back.

I want her back.

Gabby starts to stir and slowly she sits up. She pushes her hair from her face and her tantalizing eyes meet mine.

I've got to get out of here.

"Good morning." She says, running her fingers along her under eyes.

"Morning." I respond, feeling my hands start to shake. "Look, I-"

Gabby softly chuckles, shaking her head. "I get it. It's okay."

"But..." I begin to say but she cuts me off again.

"I knew what I was getting into last night." She tells me, "I understand, but don't keep doing this to yourself."

"Doing what?" I ask.

"Whatever this is." She explains, spinning her hands in a circle to allude to my actions the night before. "Pretending that you don't care about her."

I furrow my eyebrows at her words, "I'm not..."

"Listen," She continues, cutting me off once again, "Life's too short to not spend it with the people you love. So stop wasting your time here and go be with her."

This is so short, but don't worry

This is so short, but don't worry. Chapter 32 will be up soon!