10

Feeling bored and alone were two of the worst feelings in the world, and there was nothing worse than feeling them both at the same time

Feeling bored and alone were two of the worst feelings in the world, and there was nothing worse than feeling them both at the same time. Nobody likes feeling alone. Yeah, it's nice to have time to yourself every once in a while, but after spending three days alone, it isn't very nice anymore. You can only watch movies and read books for a little while before it becomes boring. After a few days of sitting around my apartment, I called into work and asked if they had anything for me to do.

Here I am, on a Thursday afternoon, counting coins at the bank. I've reached a level of boredom I never thought was possible. Everyone sat in silence here, no music on the speakers, no conversations for me to eavesdrop on, just complete and utter silence. If there weren't any customers entering the building or talking to a teller, there was no noise. If I knew I was going to be bored out of my mind here, I would have preferred to be bored out go my mind at home.

I was starting to consider getting a new job, where I could work a part-time schedule. For the past few years, I've been fortunate enough to not need to work in order to support myself. With the money I had made from the movie and different brand deals, I didn't need to work too often. But maybe it was time to actually start working and making use of my time. Even though I won't be as bored once Celina gets back, getting a consistent job was starting to seem like a good idea.

Celina has been in the states for about a week and a half and I haven't heard much from her. We would FaceTime every once in a while, but she was busy with her job and I found myself envious that she had things to occupy her time. I ended up texting Niall quite a bit, but him and I hadn't seen each other since we had lunch over a week ago. We talked on the phone a few times, but I understood that he was busy with his tour and album release coming up soon.

Niall announced his first solo tour, which he titled the Flicker Sessions. Tickets sold out more quickly than anyone anticipated and I was more than happy for him. I texted Niall to congratulate him and he responded by FaceTiming me. His smile was the biggest and most genuine I had ever seen and I was beyond excited for him. I know how much this meant to him, especially with him doubting himself and I wanted to be there to support him.

By the time my lunch break rolled around, I highly regretted volunteering to come into work. I've been counting money for so long, my mind is mixing up my numbers and I feel miserable. I sat in the break room with some of the other's who work here and I felt bad because I didn't really remember their names. No one sat directly next to me. Everyone seemed to enjoy their personal space and valued their alone time. It was just as quiet in here as it was behind the desks.

My phone buzzed against the table, interrupting the silence in the room. I pick up my phone and read the notification.

Niall
Movie night tonight? I've got your favorites

I tried my hardest to stay calm and not freak out in front of the people I work with. I pinch my lips together so my co-workers don't notice me smiling like an idiot. I type my response, even though Niall probably already knows my answer.