EPILOGUE

September 2019

September 2019

"Béa, come 'ere." Niall calls from his makeshift studio in our spare bedroom.

I close my laptop and get up from my spot at our dining table, which I've mostly taken over with all the different papers I have strewn all over the place. I slide the chair back and get up, making my way across the kitchen to Niall's studio.

"Hm?" I ask. He spins his chair around to face me, his grin wide as can be.

"Wanna listen to the album?" He cheekily asks.

My jaw drops a little bit and I can feel the excitement begin to rise inside of me, "You're finally going to let me listen to it?'

He's been very adamant about me not listening to the album he's been working on. Everytime I ask he brushes it off and says something about someday. This entire time, I've only heard a tiny bit of two different songs, but I don't think Niall knows about that.

Niall chuckles, "Only if you're interested."

"Of course I'm interested!" I say, "Let me hear it!"

He slides me a chair over and I sit down next to him, barely able to sit still because of my excitement.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod.

He hits play and Track 1 starts, filling the room with the sound of an upbeat instrumental melody followed by the sound of Niall singing.

"I swear there was lightning coming from your eyes
Starting a fire in a hotel room"

The first verse starts and I can't express how I'm feeling. My eyes are locked on Niall's both of us sporting matching grins.

"We were driving around in the dark
Finding reasons to stay where we are"

I can't help but wonder if Niall meant that night at Primrose Hill, when we both kept bringing up anything and everything simply so we wouldn't have to part ways and say goodbye.

"All of my life I've been sleep-walk living
Running around the same bars I've been in
It can be so lonely in this city
But it feels different when you're with me"

My inner narcissist is hoping that he's singing about me, and judging by the look of admiration in his eyes right now, it is.

We never really talked about his life before we met, at least from a perspective of past romances and being alone. I never imagined that meeting me changed his perspective on even the simplest of things.

"All of my life, it's been heartbreak weather"

Any suspicion of this song being about me was just confirmed. Using the words I shouted at him out of anger in the chorus of his song is something I never thought could happen. I remember it vividly too, shouting at him in that coffee shop. It's good to know he might get a hit song out of it.