09

The sound of my front door slamming shut is followed by frantic footsteps stomping up my stairs

The sound of my front door slamming shut is followed by frantic footsteps stomping up my stairs. Only two people, other than myself, have a key to my apartment and I'm pretty sure one of them is currently in France. I look up from my book to see Celina standing at the top of the stairs with her arms crossed in front of her. This was the first time I'd seen or heard from her since Saturday night. Her gaze is practically burning into me, her facial expressions and body language were hard to read. She doesn't say anything, so I go back to reading my book.

Celina huffs, "Were you just not going to tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I ask, marking my page and closing my book. My body wants to panic, but my brain won't let it. I don't need to overreact before I even know what I'm reacting to.

She throws her arms up in the air and smacks them back down on the sides of her legs as if I were crazy for not knowing what she meant. "That you went out with Niall today!"

"I was going to." I truthfully tell her, "He just brought me home not too long ago."

"Okay, but you couldn't send me a text?" She asks, "I found out on Twitter. Twitter, Béa!"

I frown, "I'm sorry. There's been a a lot on my mind lately."

"Have you been with him all weekend?" Celina asks.

"No." I respond, "Not all weekend."

Celina gasps, leaping onto the couch next to me, "What happened after you guys left the bar?"

"He took me to Primrose Hill." I tell her, smiling to myself when the memories replay throughout my mind.

"And?" Celina presses, rapidly poking my arm with her index fingers.

"We talked." I say.

"About?" She asks.

I chuckle, "Lot's of things. I practically told him my entire life story."

Celina starts to hum the chorus of "Story of My Life" and I nudge her side with my foot to get her to stop. "Wait-wait," She laughs, "So, correct me if I'm wrong, but while I was making out with Brody the bartender, you were talking to Niall in one of the most beautiful places in London?".

"Yeah." I confirm.

She groans, "What's it like to be God's favorite?"

"Shut up." I chuckle.

"Okay, but what happened after that?" Celina asks.

"He drove me home." I say.

Celina scoots closer to me, "Did he walk you to the door?"

"Why are you so invested in this?" I ask, "What if I wanted to know about you and Brody?"

"Not important." She quickly dismisses, "Answer the question."