Chapter 9

Around 10 pm, Manik, Nandini and Kabir reached home. They went in and met Manish and Raj. Raj went out to answer a call. Nandini and Manik were standing while Kabir went and sat beside Manish with a jerk by placing his arm on Manish's shoulder.

Kabir - Mamu, you know. A very great thing happened today in college. I bet you would jump out of your seat with happiness. No, no. The sky above you will burst, and the land under you will slide when you will hear that. (dramatically)

Manish - What has happened, my child?

Nandini - Dad, I'll tell you. (moved her face to Manik and winked. Then moved to Manish.

Kabir - (blocked Nandini's way) I will tell.

Nandini - No, I will.

Kabir - I will!

Nandini - I will!

Their fight was getting fierce meanwhile, Manik went and sat beside Manish and whispered in his ear.

Manik - Kabir is dating.

Manish - What?(loudly)

Kabir and Nandini stopped. Manish started staring at Kabir with a shocked reaction and Kabir got confused.

Kabir - Wh...Wh..What..What did you tell him? Manik!!!

Manish - You little brat!! Already. Who's the girl? I want to see my daughter-in-law.

Raj - What daughter-in-law?

Manik - Dad, Kabir has found his better half.

Raj - Wow, That's great. Congratulations Manish.

Manish - Congrats to you too. By the way, Nandini, Whose the girl? Do you have any pic of her?

Kabir was still confused and shocked. Nandini showed them Navya's pic.

Manish - Hmmmm, she is beautiful.

Nandini - Dad, how about I video call her?

Kabir - Stop it!! And you Nandini, are you serious? You will just instantly call Navya and ask her to talk to Mamu. What would be her reaction? Come on.

Nandini - Kabir, I know her more than you. I was just joking.

Kabir - Mamu, you know these two have finally come in public together.

Manish - Really, That's great. okay fine, come let's eat.

Kabir - Huh? That's it? You just said "That's great" to them. Then why did you overreact to mine?

Raj - Kabir, That was not an overreaction. Both of us knew they would open up soon. But we never knew about you.

Kabir - Why?

Raj - That's because you always remain busy in your company or college.

Kabir - oh, That makes sense. Okay. Let's eat. It's already 11.

They all went to the dining area. Nandini switched on the TV and was watching the news while eating. Everyone was eating together, enjoying and laughing.

Suddenly, they all became quiet. Nandini was too focused on Tv.

News Reporter - It's breaking news. After five years it's officially confirmed that the government is still working on a smuggler gang mission (on which Nandini's mother was working). And....