Chapter 18

Nandini was brought back home. Everyone behaved normally. No one asked her about the incident. Nandini was feeling strange as no one was nagging her like before. But she stayed quiet. They had their meal and Manik took Nandini to take a rest. Nandini didn't sleep so Manik brought his laptop and sat beside her. Nandini pulled out her book and started studying. Manik wanted to stop her but he didn't but Nandini realized it.

Nandini - Don't you have to study? You also have your exam, but you just stay on your laptop for your business. Sir, you have to graduate to have a reputed business.

Manik - Miss, I know you know more about business than me after all you are to be CEO of the company...

Nandini - (showing an angry face with biting her lips) Shut up!

Manik - (smiling brightly) Nandini, I don't need to revise now.

Nandini - Fine, I am going to sleep. You work hard. Good night.

Manik - Good night.

On the day of 2nd exam,

Manik, Nandini, Navya and Kabir went to the university campus. Nandini was a lot better now. She was looking energetic.

They all went to their respective halls and wrote their exams, then met at the cafeteria and had lunch.

Mukti - So, Ms. Nandini how are you now?

Nandini - Very well. (blinked in approval)

Dhruv - That's more like you, Nandini. Just stay healthy always.

Alia - Exactly, you look the best when cheerful.

Nandini - (chuckles and continues) It's Saturday today, our next and last exam is on Friday. And..... I am moving back to the dorms on Wednesday!

All - Yay!!!!

They all were happy and then went back.

On Friday, At Ahluwalia Mansion,

Manik, Nandini and Kabir had their breakfast and were ready to leave. They hugged their fathers and went in the car. Manik drove to the university. After parking the car, they dropped Nandini at the girl's dormitory and then went to their dormitory.

Navya, Mukti and Alia were all happy to see Nandini and welcomed her with a cake, on the other hand, when Manik went inside his room, he was ignored. Dhruv and Abhimanyu were talking to Kabir but not Manik. He tried to talk but no one responded.

Manik went on and sat on the chair and got busy on his laptop.

Around an hour passed, and Manik didn't even try to talk to anyone.

Dhruv - (frustrated, went to Manik) Will you die, if you will not keep a cool face for some time?

Abhimanyu - Exactly, you could have requested us but no!

Manik - (smiled) Then....., if you guys are done with your joke, go and study.

Dhruv and Abhimanyu - WE KNOW!!

On Friday,

All went to give exams. Nandini was totally fine. They all decided to meet in the cafeteria after the exam at 1 pm. And as decided, they all gathered there.

Alia - Finally, this semester came to an end. And we are the seniors of our course. Just a year and we will graduate.

Kabir - You guys can, but what about us? (putting arms around Navya's and Nandini's shoulders)