Chapter 30

Manik was about to check the link but the door of the hall opened revealing Mr Sethi seeking everyone's attention.

Manik, his friends and the team from Aura's went to Mr Sethi and stood around him.

Mr Sethi - It was really nice seeing such young talents. Thanks to both teams for presenting such great work. It was really amazing and appreciable.

Both Teams - Thank you.

Mr Sethi - But..... only one will get the bid! (to his employee) Bring the contract.

Employee - Here sir. (showed the two files and kept to himself)

Mr Sethi - (forwarded his hand and smiled) Let's discuss the contract Mr Manik!

Manik - (doing a handshake and smiling widely) Thank you, Mr Sethi!

Manik's friends had big, wide smiles on their faces while Aura's were just looking down.

Mr Sethi - (to Aura team's head) Don't be disheartened. You guys did amazing. (forwarded hand) Looking forward to working with you in future.

Mr Sethi handed one file to Manik.

Mr Sethi - Here's your copy of the contract. If you want any changes, please discuss them freely. Let's have a contract signing later.

Manik - Sure. Once I get back, I will contact you.

They all were having this chat continued when an employee came there running and panting. She was also in the meeting before.

The employee - (panting) Mr Sethi, MK is not responding to calls. Also, I just got some news. (after thinking) It's better if you see yourself.

She turned around and went to LED and turned it on. She changed to the news channel, which was showing breaking news continuously. Everyone turned their attention to the screen.

Breaking News: The official team who was after the drug dealing gang finally succeeded today. They successfully stopped the biggest smuggling which was going to happen today. All the dealers involved are arrested. A team of said 6 members was sent to break into the base camp and they got the information.

But sadly, only four members came back now who are hospitalised. Two are still said to be at base camp. From some sources, the names of those two members are said to be SAM and the most famous personality MK.

Manik's whole world crashed on hearing Nandini's name, he stumbled but controlled himself because of the people around him. His eyes filled with tears, a lump in his throat, and his breathing got heavier. He closed his eyes and was just praying for Nandini's welfare. Others were also too stunned to speak. Manik's friends were continuously roaming their eyes between Manik and the screen. They were getting tense. Dhruv patted Manik's shoulder.

News continued - It's said that SAM and MK are not back for almost half a day. Others are still in search of them. Their locations are tried to be traced but everything is going in vain. Even the hospitalised ones are unconscious.....

Manik finally let out his tears, crying silently, he stumbled and was about to hit the ground when he was caught by someone. He made Manik stand properly and hugged him tightly.

Kabir - This is the time to be strong Manik! Control yourself. You have to take care of Mamu, he needs you.

Hearing Kabir, Manik wiped his cheeks and tears, stopped crying and sniffled.

Manik - What are you doing here Kabir? You should be with your uncle.

Kabir - I was near this city so came to meet you. I have sent Navya, Raj uncle and Randeep uncle to Mamu. They will talk to him but they can't console and control him for long, we need you Manik. So, you have to be strong, just like Nandini. She trusted you to take care of them when she is not around.

Manik - Don't worry. Nothing will happen to her. She promised me, she will stay by my side. Always with me!

Kabir hugged Manik and by now, he also started crying. Manik consoled him. Mukti and Alia started sobbing while Dhruv and Abhimanyu were consoling them. Mr Sethi and others were already stunned by the news about MK but got confused by Manik's sudden change of behaviour and the appearance of Kabir. Manik turned to Mr Sethi.

Manik - Mr. Sethi, I am sorry. I need to leave for now. I will go through the contract and we will sign the contract once MK will be here. I hope you understand.

Mr Sethi - (still confused but thought of letting Manik go) No worries, Mr Manik.

Manik and Kabir rushed to Kabir's car and drove back to their city. Manik's friends bowed to Mr Sethi and went to the hotel. Alia already booked train tickets.

Time Skip,

Manik and Kabir reached home and saw everyone sitting in the lobby. Manik went to Manish and bent to his level.

Manik - Don't worry. She is fine and will come back, she promised me. And you also know she never breaks her promise.

Manish nodded and gave a tight hug to Manik. Then, Manik also sat there continuously calling her but no response.

On the other hand,

Nandini/MK was getting consciousness. Within a few minutes, she was wide awake and looked around. The room which was previously dark was now lit up. She and SAM were tied with rope while James was lying unconscious on the floor. Nandini tried to untie the rope to free her hand but failed. She shook and pushed SAM with her feet and succeeded in waking him up after minutes, He opened his eyes and adjusted to his surroundings.

MK - SAM, try untying your rope!

SAM moved his hands vigorously, pushed and pulled and the rope loosened after whole half an hour. Nandini sighed and asked him to continue. SAM was still quite energetic so he was able to move his hands quickly and with more strength while Nandini was still exhausted.

SAM got rid of the rope and untied his feet, ran to MK and untied her. Mk stood up and looked at JAMES. She carefully checked him, he was unconscious. But still having doubt she pressed some points on his neck and now she was satisfied that he is unconscious and would not wake up for the next 3-4 hours.

Mk got up and looked around when something caught her attention, she moved towards it and got shocked since it was a bomb and the countdown only showed 10 minutes left. Mk panicked and told SAM.

SAM - MK, let's run!

MK - But we can't leave him here. If by any chance he will run out alive, there would be trouble again! I don't want that. A lot of innocent lives are gone for this, I don't want more to go.

SAM - What to do now?

MK - Run! But... with him!

SAM nodded and lifted up James. They both shouldered him and rushed out. Because of extra weight and less strength and energy, it was difficult to run but they were trying their best.

In the hospital, one member got conscious and told the exact location of the base. The rescue team was sent there. The rescue team reached and went out of the vehicles. They loaded themselves with guns and were about to step out when....

Bomb exploded!!!!!

It ends here.

Please shower your love by liking, commenting and sharing.

Your writer,
JASS