Chapter 22

On the day of the Graduation Ceremony,

Nandini, Manik, Abhimanyu, Mukti, Alia, Dhruv and Navya were all busy taking pics after Manik, Abhimanyu, Mukti, Alia and Dhruv received their degrees. Navya was missing Kabir but Nandini was trying her best to stick with Navya even though she was also sad as Manik have to leave college now.

Soha was eavesdropping when Manik received a call from Raj. Soha got more attentive.

Manik - Hello! Dad. So, are you coming?

Raj - Of course, my son.

Manik - when?

Raj - I am just at the entrance man!

Manik - (looked at the entrance) Entrance! Okay, coming.

Raj - Okay.

Manik was about to go when Nandini asked if she can come, but Manik asked her to stay there. Manik went to the entrance, noticed Raj and went up to him.

Manik - Dad!

Raj - Congratulations Son, come (spread arms and hugged Manik) Let's go. I need to congratulate your mates too, and comfort Nandini since you will leave.

Manik - Dad, don't mention this again and again in front of Nandini. She is almost about to cry, just controlling herself.

Raj - You little brat. I know very well what to say and do. Don't worry. Let's go.

They turned to go to others. Midway, Manik got a business call, and he asked Raj to go there (while pointing at Nandini and others). Manik went away to answer while Raj went on. While on his way, Raj was approached by Soha.

Soha - (with a smile) Hello, Uncle. (Raj was flustered) Um.., I mean Dr Raj. I am Soha. I got to know you are Manik's father. You are really great and so is your son. I really look up to him as my idol. He is really hardworking. I am in the same department as him.

Raj - Thank you for telling, but I know about my son very well. (with a smile)

Soha - (flustered smile) He is also..... liked by many.

Raj - Oh.. It's good to like someone but it's more important to respect that person and respect his choices, thoughts and happiness. I hope you get it.

Soha - (flustered) Huh?

Raj - (broad smile) I will take my leave now.

Raj left while Soha just kept looking at him.

Raj reached Nandini. Nandini was too happy to see him and hugged him directly. Soha was shocked then saddened and left.

Nandini - (said cutely) Congratulations Mr Malhotra! Your son has grown up. (they all burst into laughter)

All - Congratulations Uncle!

Raj - Thank you. And congratulations to you too.

Nandini - Wait! Manik went to bring you but how come you are alone?

Manik - (from behind) I am here. (came forward) I got a call, so I asked Dad to go first. (to Raj) Where's Manish uncle?

Raj - He wanted to come but Nandini....

All strared Nandini...

Nandini - (scratching her nape) Let me call him.

Nandini called Manish.