Chapter - 23

By five in the morning, Manik reached UNI-TECH.

He prepared a coffee and went to his cabin. Took out a file from the shelf, sat down and turned on his PC.

Manik suddenly turned pale. He was in complete shock. His breath hitched while getting tenser and tenser. He rushed outside to Mukti's PC, turned it on and it was not responding. The computer was HACKED!

(Manik had a function installed on his computer that if anything happens to any computer system of the company, he will be notified. When Mukti's PC was hacked, he got notified. That's why he was shocked.)

Manik went back to his cabin and started to recover Mukti's computer data but he failed. He was tensed now. He kept on trying but the results were the same.

By 6:30 am, Abhimanyu, Mukti, Alia, and Dhruv came. They directly went to Manik. They were confused and surprised to see Manik all pale and tensed.

Dhruv - Manik! Are you ok? What happe........

Manik - Mukti! How many files were there on your computer? Any confidential information regarding the game, further plans and company?

Mukti - Huh? Why suddenly? mmmm....... I think the file regarding the development process of the game and the design. This one is confidential and others are common. But why are you asking suddenly?

Manik - (held his head and was feeling down) Your computer is hacked!

Mukti- What!! (she ran to her computer and checked it, but she was not able to log in as it was not responding) (throwing mouse from her hand) Damn it! (she was burning in rage) Who the hell dared to mess with me? I will kill him! Seriously. Abhimanyu! Find out who did it!

Abhimanyu - (engrossed in the screen) I am checking!

Everyone was trying to find the person behind it but everyone failed. Manik was feeling too down while Mukti was in a rage. Everyone was trying to calm them down.

The game was on its last step but now.....

Alia- Manik, what can be the consequences for us?

Manik - (sighed in grief) We could end before starting. This game was our first work but now its design, development procedure, ideas.... everything is stolen by someone. That person could develop and release it.

Dhruv - But we have already developed the game. We will be done in a day or two. We can launch it first.

Manik - We still haven't signed with Pace as distribution partners. It will take a minimum of two weeks to reach the stage of signing the deal. And...... till distribution, it will be four or five weeks which means around a month in total.

Dhruv - Then call them right now! Discuss the contract and sign it!

Manik - No! Until we find the hacker, we can't talk about it or sign the deal.

Alia - What the hell, Manik! Why? Why we can't?

Manik - Because.. If Pace finds out about this hacking incident, and that we were not able to protect our own ideas and programs, we might have major trust issues with them! Also..., if this hacker develops the same game and launches it within a month we will be doomed. That will be the end of our careers.

Abhimanyu - Shit! Then what to do now?

Mukti - Isn't there any other way Manik?

Manik - There is!