Chapter 12

Nandini and Navya sat down. They both took a deep breath. Kabir ordered for all.

Nandini - Navya, (pointed at Randeep) Randeep uncle is your dad?

Navya - Ya, but how do you know him?

Nandini - oh... Actually, Dad and Randeep uncle are childhood friends. Dad has told me a lot about him. And now a few days ago, we three just signed a contract for a hotel. Dad and uncle will design and construct while Kabir will provide all the materials. He deals in it.

Navya - It means Dad and Kabir know each other already?

Randeep - Yes kid, and see, he was the one who told me that you are dating him.

Navya - What!!! (started pulling Kabir's ear)

Kabir - Ouch! ouuuuchhh!!!

Nandini - From my side too Navya.

Randeep - Navya, hands down. I said down! Don't do this again to my son-in-law. He is such a sweet person and you are pulling his ear.

Navya - What? b..b..bu. (took a deep sigh) Fine. But Kabir, tell me how were you able to do that?

Kabir - If you remember, a few days ago, I left hurriedly and Nandini was also not here. She told you guys, she went home and will be back in a few days. At that time, we actually signed a mutual contract for the hotel.

Navya - Hmm, I remember.

Kabir - At that time, we all met up. And after the meeting, Nandini and Mamu left for modifying the contract and you called me. From our talk, Randeep uncle guessed that it should be my girlfriend to which I nodded. Then, I showed him your pic and he at first was really angry but within seconds his anger vanished. Then he told me you are his daughter and my soul left my body. (hehe) Mamu heard this and got happy and then Uncle asked me to not tell you anything.

Navya - Oh....(thumbs up) Well played!!

Nandini - Really well played.

An hour passed,

Manish - You guys talk, Randeep and I have a flight so we have to leave. I will pay the bill. Eat well. Bye.

Navya - Bye uncle. bye, dad.

Nandini - Bye uncle, bye dad. Have a happy journey. We also have to go back to our friends.

Randeep and Manish left.

Nandini, Kabir and Navya also left the table and were on their way to their friends when..

Navya - So...., Ms. Nandini's full name is Ms Nandini Ahluwalia. Daughter of Manish Ahluwalia. hmm.... Great.

Nandini - (gasping and blinking fast turned to Navya) Navya, (started clinging to Navya) Please don't tell anyone. Please. See, I have my reasons to not tell anyone about this. You are my best friend. Pleaseeeeee.

Navya - Alright. Stop this now.

Nandini - Yay. That's like my best friend. Thank you (she kissed Navya's cheek)

Manik called Nandini and asked her to come to the parking lot directly as they are done with dinner. Nandini, Navya and Kabir went to parking lot. Others were waiting near their cars. Nandini, Navya and Kabir kept sad faces to prank others.

Mukti - What happened?

Alia - Why are you guys looking sad? say, did Navya's father reject Kabir?