Chapter 6

Nandini, Manik, Mukti, Abhimanyu, Alia and Dhruv all surprised Kabir and Navya. They took seats and suddenly started to stare at Kabir and Navya while the two kept their heads down.

Nandini - (chuckles) Hey, you guys are reacting like you are thieves and we are police.

Mukti - Exactly. Come on guys. Relax.

Dhruv - So, when are you two going to treat us?

Alia - Hey, we are already at the restaurant. Soooooo, what about right now?

Kabir - Sure, why not?

They all burst into laughter. The waiter came and took their order. They all were enjoying themselves as the six of them were continuously teasing Kabir and Navya.

The waiter got all the orders. They started to eat.

Suddenly, Nandini started to search around her. She checked all her pockets and her bag pack.

Mukti - Nandini, what happened? What are you searching for?

Nandini - Actually, I just noticed my mobile is not here. I think I forgot it at the dorm.

Alia - Oh, If you need it now, you can borrow mine.

Nandini - No, No. I was just searching for it.

They again got busy in eating and suddenly Kabir's mobile rang while Kabir went to wash his hand and the mobile was on the table. Navya saw it, the Number was saved as Mamu (it's Manish). Kabir came back and Navya told him about the call. He was about to call back when Manish called him again. He answered the call. Nandini and Manik got attentive.

Manish - What took you so long to pick up the call? I am already tensed and you gave me more tension? Are you free? Can you check where's Nandini? That girl is not answering my call? I am very tensed. Please!!! Search for her!!

Kabir - Mamu, Mamu, Mamuuuu, Stop it. It's okay. She must be busy somewhere that's why she would not be answering.

Manish - No, Kabir. She would always answer my third call. But I have already called her More than 10 times. She is not answering.

Kabir - Mamu, trust me. She is fine. It's just that she must be busy.

Manish - Tell me, Are you free?

Kabir - I am, but...

Manish - But what? She is my daughter, I know her. She would answer my call. I am sure something's wrong with her.

Kabir - (sighs) Of course Mamu, She is your daughter. You know her but she is my sister too. I also care about her. Don't worry. Trust me.

Everyone started staring at Kabir while Nandini kept her head down. Manish was not ready to hang up the call and Kabir was not hanging up as it would be rude.

Suddenly,
Nandini snatched the mobile from Kabir's hand. Kabir and others got stunned.

Kabir - Nandinii!!!!

Nandini talked to Manish.

Nandini - Dad, What's wrong?

Manish - Nandini, Thank god. You are fine, girl. I was really tense. (with a sigh of relief)

Nandini - Dad, what makes you call me that much and now Kabir?

Manish - Firstly tell me, Why weren't you answering?