Chapter 15

After a week of staying in the hospital, Manik, Manish, Raj, Kabir and their friends were all preparing Nandini's things. Manish and Raj were at home and others were at the hospital. Nandini was to be taken home after discharge. Everyone was rushing here and there bringing her belongings when she was sitting on the sofa drinking juice sip by sip and enjoying the scene, she burst into laughter. Everyone stopped and started to look at her then came near her.

Kabir - What are you laughing at? huh?

Nandini - (while laughing) Seeing you guys rushing in and out is quite funny. (laughed loudly)

All - SHUT UP!!!! (Nandini was stunned and seeing her everyone burst into laughter and then she started laughing too)

Dr Batra came in..

Dr Batra - Seeing you like this, I can say you are quite fine now. But still, you have to rest. I strictly prohibit you from walking too much just little walks would do. In fact, Manik, bring a wheelchair from outside. It's better if she avoids walking much and rests much.....

Nandini - Why! Why! Why! (stood up with a jump) See, I am all fine.

Dr Batra - Nandini, your head injury hasn't healed completely. See, you are still having bandages there. Better listen to me.

Nandini - We can remove bandages... (Manik stared, Nandini bend her head then started weeping loudly but everyone ignored so after a few seconds with full attitude) I am not going to sit in a wheelchair!! (turned her head)

Dr. Batra - Nandini...

Manik - Uncle, Don't worry. I will handle her.

Dr Batra - Fine, then I will go first.

Manik - Thank you.

Dr Batra - It's alright. (and left)

Nandini - So, How are you going to handle me?

Manik - (glanced at Nandini then to others) Is everything settled in the car? (everyone nodded) Great. Kabir, bring a wheelchair.

Nandini - I am not going to sit in a wheelchair!

Manik - Let's see.

Kabir brought a wheelchair and placed it next to Nandini. Manik held the wheelchair.

Manik - (to Nandini while pointing at wheelchair) Sit!

Nandini - NO!

Manik - Sit!

Nandini - NO!

Manik - Nandini.., Sit here!

Nandini - Manik.., I will not.

Manik - Fine (bent down and went near Nandini)

Nandini - What!! (while sliding back)

Manik - (near Nandini's face) You have two options. First, sit in the wheelchair. Second, I will carry you in my arms from here to the car. The choice is yours. 1st or 2nd...

Nandini - (after thinking) I....I.. I choose 'OR'...

Manik - (scoffs) Smart! huh? (went forward and lifted up Nandini)

Nandini - (trying to get down, moving legs and arms) Manik, put me down.. I said put me down!! Can't you hear? put me down!! Manik..... (held her head)

Manik - Nandini! Nandini, are you okay?

He made Nandini sit back when Kabir called Dr Batra.