Chapter 24

Nandini - (angrily) Speak up Manik! What now? Accepting your defeat?

Alia - Nandini... Actually....

Nandini - (turned to Alia) Are you Manik or Did I ask you? No, right? So, Just KEEP QUIET! (turned to Manik) I am talking to you. Answer me!

Dhruv - Nandini. Calm down. Manik is already.....

Nandini - (loudly) I am not talking to you guys! (sighs) I want to have a private chat with him! You guys leave!

Alia - Nandini, you need to...

Nandini - (shouted) Leave! (rolled her eyes at Manik) Will you say something?

Manik - Guys, please leave for now.

Everyone turned to go out....

Nandini - (shouted) Remember to shut the door!

Manik - (nodding and calmly) C.. c... close the door guys.

Everyone went out and Abhimanyu shut the door with a loud thud.

Abhimanyu - My goodness! Nandini is burning in rage!

Dhruv - Right. Really scary. How will Manik handle it?

Alia - But is that anger valid? Wh... What is she angry about? (scoffs) How is she gonna help Manik if she will be this much angry? Manik is already broken and she is gonna hurt him only!

Mukti - Alia. Calm down. She is Nandini! She knows Manik more than any of us. An...and this is the first time we have seen Manik like this. Of course, Nandini knows how to deal with him in this situation. You saw him right? He has already lost that shine.

Dhruv - (patting Alia) Right. Let's just hope Nandini can bring our cheerful and strong Manik back! (to Alia) And you, don't be angry anymore! (hugged her)

Alia - hm...

In Manik's cabin,

Nandini - Come, sit here.

They both sat down.

Nandini - Explain the whole situation first, before I shout more.

Manik - You know MK?

Nandini - Ya. I know. You told me then I searched more.

Manik - I had an online encounter with that MK. He said he is interested in our game and wants to buy the copyright.

Nandini - And you refused. Then....

Manik - How do you know?

Nandini - (hiss) Manik...., I know you very well. You have put your everything into this game. Of course, you are not going to sell it even for hundreds of millions!

Manik - Right. So, after I refused he gave me a few days to think again or else... he will develop the same game. (Nandini nodded and was listening carefully) After the days when I still refused, he bought my whole staff except them (pointing outside) and three more. And now he would be creating the same game. This is what happened!

Nandini - (after deep thought) Why don't you make a cyberbullying complaint?

Manik - We can't. That MK works for the Cyber bureau. So, I don't think, they are gonna take our complaint seriously.

Nandini - You are right! But Manik, how much time will this game take to develop?

Manik - I miscalculated before, I thought it would take two months including launching and distribution. But now, when I calculated again, I got it will take around 3 to 4 months. Because there are many programs and setting we installed after very deep studies. But this will happen only if this MK doesn't have experience in game development! Otherwise, he might even take just a month to develop and a half to launch.