Chapter 26

TIME SKIP

It's been a week since Manik's mobile game is released. The game is doing really well in the market leading to high profits for both companies. Manik and his company are getting renowned and reputed, attracting a lot of investors. But still, not that much that could lead him to the top. So, his main focus was to get development rights for THE KINGDOM (the new version of The Reign game). Nandini was also helping them. The whole staff only knew that she is helping because she know programming and coding. But she will do her main work after all employees would leave.

Present:

It was around 8 pm. Only Nandini, Manik, Kabir, Abhimanyu, Mukti, Alia, Dhruv.

Nandini dashed into Manik's cabin fuming while Manik and Kabir flinched.

Nandini - (threw a file in front of Manik) Manik! I am telling you, just fire this Sameer guy. He is of no use and just fussing around the office!

Manik - Nandini.... Nandini.... Just calm down girl! What happened?

Nandini - What happened? This is the fifth time he has provided me with the wrong data for the same file. Whenever I would ask him to redo it because it is wrong, he would correct the mistake but then there will be another problem. I am telling you, he is doing this intentionally man! I have explained to him thrice (scoffs) but still get the wrong data. (she settled in a chair in the front and started massaging her temples)

Dhruv - I have a similar complaint for Sameer Manik. (while stepping in)

Nandini - Manik only one month and five days are left for the presentation and trust me we haven't even completed the half work.

Dhruv - Will you mind saying something Mr. ??

Manik - (sighs) How come I have never seen any problem with his work?

Dhruv - That's not our problem man!

Nandini - Isn't it clear, he is literally putting up an act in front of you?

Manik - But I can't fire him without a reason. Try to understand, please.

Nandini - (got up furiously) THEN GET READY TO REGRET MAN!!!!

Nandini left the cabin and packed her stuff to leave. While Kabir and Dhruv were convincing Manik to at least test and doubt him for once.

Nandini drove straight to her House. She was welcomed by Manish and Raj who were having dinner.

Nandini - Hello Uncle! Hello Dad!

Raj - Hello my child.?

Manish - Nandini, Bache (a way of addressing child) What happened? Why are you so furious? Had a fight with Manik?

Nandini - No dad. Just... Forget it!

Nandini went to her room, freshened up and went to sleep. Half an hour passed and she was not able to sleep. She got up and went to her study to do some work. She was about to open her laptop when a diary caught her eye. It was her mother's which her dad gifted her on her birthday. She decided to read it today.

Nandini opened the diary and started reading, some things were written in code language which was easy for her to crack. But a strange code caught her eye. She tried to crack the code but failed miserably.

After trying for an hour, she finally cracked it. And when she read it she was......shocked. It was clearly having the password for the programs her mother set to catch the criminals and where Nandini and her team are stuck again. She was happy she finally got it. She quickly called the head and informed him that she got the password and she will be there on the weekend.