Chapter 25

The Next Day, At 7 pm,

Manik, Dhruv, Alia, Mukti and Abhimanyu were all waiting for MK. Manik was sitting calmly while others were restless going and checking the entrance again and again. The company was spread on the 3rd floor, Dhruv just went and stood in front of the elevator to see this MK.

30 minutes passed but no sign of MK.

Manik - I think you guys should go and take a rest. Just one of you stay here with me and the rest please go and have some rest.

All - NO!!!!

Manik flinched and sighed. All were getting impatient to see MK. But she was nowhere to be seen.

8 pm, In Manik's cabin

Mukti - Enough! I think we all got tricked. We should not wait anymore. No one is going to come.

Manik - She will!

Mukti - And what made you so sure about it?

Manik - (smirked) Forget it!

Mukti - No, This time I will not! Tell me how are you so sure about it?

Manik - Fine, (turned chair to face back wall) We are the one who needs MK, and she is not the one who needs us!

Alia - huh? What do you mean by this?

There was no response from Manik instead he just kept his proud smile/smirk.

Abhimanyu - Woah! Woah! Woah! This smile! This smile means a lot, you know.

Alia - But what?

Dhruv - Alia wait. Lemme show you how to ask this guy? (went to Manik and bowed) Master, could you please....

Dhruv was cut off by a loud thud of dropping something. Everyone except Manik rushed out of the cabin. They were shocked to see men in full black spread around the office. They all were carrying guns. Abhimanyu called Manik out. And Manik frowned to see the men around.

Dhruv - (mumble) Woah! I can't believe this MK is having such a grand entry. But one thing is missing!

Alia - (mumbled back) What? Red carpet?

Dhruv - Exactly! (Alia glared at him)

They all got attentive when a man came in and sat pulling a chair.

The man started to play with his gun while Manik's friends gasped looking at the gun.

The Man - Where's MK?

Manik - (frowned) She is not here!

The Man - (chuckle) Stop fooling around. I know she is working here. Just tell me already. (got up and shouted) MK! MK! COME OUT!

Manik - I told you she is not here!

The Man - (sigh) Fine, then... (put Manik on gunpoint and started moving towards him)

????? - ALEX!!

Everyone's gaze diverted to the owner of the voice.

A girl wearing a black overcoat, black heel boots, black shades, and black mask, totally covered in black; hands in the pocket; hair open falling on her shoulder and back. Her look was elegant, mysterious, fierce as well as mesmerizing even though her face was not visible. Manik made good eye contact with the girl. It was like he could see through the glasses and mask. Manik's eyebrows clashed as realization hit him. He looked away and didn't utter a word but was full of questions. A voice interrupted them,