Chapter 32

The beeping sound of the machine attracted everyone's attention. The doctors and nurses rushed inside while one nurse kept the others outside. Doctors were shocked by the view in front, Manik and Nandini both lying lifelessly. The staff shifted Manik to the other bed in the same room. Nandini and Manik both were taken under treatment. Doctors were trying their best to bring the two lifeless creatures back to life.

After an hour of continuous tries, but now there seems to be no hope. The doctor declared inside the room "They will now either die or will be back to life. And even if they would be alive there is a 99% chance they will slip into a coma. If not, that will just be a miracle!"

The staff was looking at each other with a very low spirit now. They kept the equipment down and turned to move out. There's the MIRACLE!! Nandini and Manik both took long deep breaths. The whole staff turned to them. They were relieved to see the scene and quickly continued with the treatment.

Half an hour passed, and The doctors went out. Their families stood up with expressions full of questions.

Doctor - Don't worry. They both are out of danger. Neither slipped into a coma. And they will gain consciousness soon.

Everyone took a sigh of relief. But suddenly,

Kabir - Wait, Both? Manik...

Doctor - (took a long breath) He almost took his last breath with Nandini today.

Everyone gasped but was soon relieved realising both Manik and Nandini are fine now. The doctors left.

SAM and other staff were informed about the whole thing. SAM was packing his stuff as he got discharged but he wanted to meet Nandini before leaving the hospital. He went to Nandini's ward and sat outside with her family members.

SAM - (to Manish) Don't worry Uncle. She is the strongest human I have ever met. Not just physically but also mentally and emotionally. Please pull yourself together. She would be more broken to see you being in this broken state.

Manik woke up. A nurse came out to inform everyone and told them they all may come in. Everyone went in while SAM went to complete some paper works. Manik was just staring at Nandini with a slight smile so he didn't notice others.

Manish - I am glad you are fine, Manik!

Manish said bringing Manik back to his surroundings. He looked around to see everyone and mumbled a small "Sorry". Raj went on and patted his head. Soon after, Nandini's hands showed slight movements. Doctors were called. Nandini woke up finally and doctors checked her up. Doctors left after announcing and assuring that Everything was fine!

Manik held Nandini's hands. Tears slipped from both their eyes unknowingly, and they kept staring at each other, "Congratulations" was the first word that left Nandini's mouth. Manik chuckled mumbling "Thank You". Soon, everyone met and talked to both of them and Nandini was all smiley talking to all. Everyone was finally happy and smiling widely after days. Hours passed talking and smiling. SAM came to meet Nandini. Nandini welcomed him with a wide smile which he gladly returned.

SAM - So..., how's our MK?

Nandini - Obviously, fine as always!

The ward filled with giggles and laughs. They kept talking for a while.

Nandini - umm yeah SAM, what about JAMES? I can't remember anything after the bomb blast.

SAM - Behind the bars! He will soon be announced guilty and be punished.