Chapter 29

On the other hand,

In the afternoon, Nandini went on her mission. They had to stop the biggest smuggling which was going to happen the next day. Nandini with a team of 5 in total had to break in the base. Nandini had already tracked all the locations. They all were wearing black and were loaded with arms just like undercover agents.

Nandini and her teammates reached the forest area in the car after that they went on their feet inside the forest. The signal in that area was too weak that's why Nandini already sent two artificial signal satellites two days ago. They were lucky none was detected by the smugglers.

They noticed a building from a distance and stopped there. Nandini pulled out her laptop which was connected to a robot bee. She sent the robot bee towards the building to examine the locations of the cameras. They were quite fortunate as a whole group of bees started following their robotic one. Nandini controlled the bee and made it fly around the whole building and successfully detected all cameras. Nandini found a door with fewer security men around, she made the bee rest on the camera covering that area, following the bee other bees also rested around the camera. Two men from the team went there, hit the correct points on the neck from behind and made the guards faint. They took their attire and helped others to get in. They all were finally in now.

It was already past midnight. They decided to take action when at least half the guards will be asleep.

After around an hour of hiding, they finally took action but were caught and surrounded by the guards. They had a fight and Nandini and her teammates were able to kill almost half the people already with a lot of injuries. But there, was one strange thing, SAM was there also but he was not doing any major attacks on Nandini and her teammates.

An hour passed with continuous fights, Nandini was badly injured by now and they were able to get the whole information about the mission but they still didn't find the head (JAMES), while all the guards of the building were lying dead on the floor. Nandini lay on the floor breathing heavily, SAM ran to Nandini and her teammates too. SAM took Nandini's head in his hand and tried to keep Nandini awake. Her other teammates were badly injured too but were still better than Nandini. They made her drink some water.

Nandini - Guys, G..Go from here with t..the info! Stop t..t..today's smuggling. I will f..f..find James and will e..either kill him or will b..bring him with me. GO!

Member 1 - MK, how can we leave you here? You are already badly injured.

SAM - MK, go with them. I will take the lead from here.

MK - No SAM, they a..already know your skills. Y..You would not be able. t..to fight him. Trust me guys, I will be fine. (she sat up and had gained her energy)

SAM - Fine! You all go. I will be here with MK. I am fine with not even a single injury. You all go! And stop the smuggling.

Others left while SAM and MK were still there. Mk stood up, she was feeling better and kinda energetic by now.

Author's POV,

SAM is actually a detective that Nandini's team sent five years ago to the smugglers. He was actually secretly passing some information to the team. Also, the day he went to Uni Tech and slipped a chit in MK's coat, that chit contained information about today's smuggling.

Back to the present,

MK and SAM were searching the whole building carefully. MK was having problems walking since she was shot in the leg but fortunately, the bullet passed through the skin only without affecting the bone. She tied her leg with a cloth. She had multiple cuts on her arms, legs, back and cheeks.

It was already around 9 am, and they were still searching for James. SAM found a secret door and called MK there. They both decided to go in. It was a tunnel attached to a small room-sized basement which was fully dark, with not even a single beam of light. SAM turned on his torch and moved it here and there. He stopped on a face and his eyes widened, Nandini noticed the face and looked at SAM, it struck in her mind then that the guy is none other than JAMES.

James burst into laughter and switched on the lights. He was wearing whole black and was alone there sitting on a royal chair just like waiting for MK and SAM to come.

James - Welcome. Cheater SAM and Ms MK aka Ms. Nandini Ahluwalia.

MK - (scoffs) You are done, James!

Mk pulled out a knife and threw it in James's direction. James dodged the knife. A fight broke out between the three. Nandini was already badly injured within a few actions her energy drained, James hit her head and she fell unconscious on the floor.

Then, SAM and James had quite a long fight but in the end, SAM also fell on the floor as he got hit by a knife a lot. James smirked and laughed at their conditions.

James - (scoffs) Came to stop me? now who will come to save you two? No one can stop today's (smuggling) deal.

James tied SAM and MK to chairs and also sat on his chair there. He was thinking of blackmailing the team with the lives of MK and SAM but he was also badly injured so he fainted soon.

4 PM,

Manik and his friends were standing in the building of PACE technologies. Manik was lost and uneasy since he was not able to contact Nandini, he even asked Kabir but even Kabir was not able to contact Nandini. Manik was just praying for Nandini to be safe.

Manik asked his friends to turn their phones off or keep on silent. He sent a last message to Nandini before the presentation and put his phone on silent with vibration also off while others switched off their phone. Both teams arrived, and staff took them to the meeting hall. They all settled down, Manik took a deep breath and put on a totally professional face. Soon, Mr Sethi came, all stood up and greeted him. He greeted back, sat down and asked others to settle down.

The presentation started, Aura's presented their design, and Mukti was just rolling her eyes at how they were calling Uni Tech's designs theirs again and again, while Manik was all calm. Mr Sethi was looking a bit satisfied with it.

Finally, It was Uni-Techs' turn, Manik stood up and presented their design. His friends were all smiley while Dhruv was taking control of the laptop connected to the projector. Everyone sitting in the hall was amazed by such less storage of the game even with so complex structure and design. Finally, a few gasped seeing the server power (players at a time) of the game which was seriously very high. Mr Sethi was looking quite interested and satisfied with the design while Aura's were angry and surprised how they were able to design a new game in such a short time and that too an amazing game. Manik was done with his presentation now.

Mr Sethi - Thanks to both teams for presenting your amazing works.

Employee - We will have an internal discussion for some minutes and will then announce the results. You may wait outside. Please have drinks and snacks and be comfortable.

Both teams head out and settled in the waiting area just out the hall. Manik checked his phone and there was still no reply from Nandini. Manik was getting too tensed up. Even though the presentation took two hours, but still, Nandini didn't reply. He texted Kabir to find out about her. Kabir was sending screenshots of some articles and links, Manik was about to open the link when Mr Sethi and his staff came out seeking everyone's attention. Manik put his phone back in his pocket and went near Mr Sethi........

It ends here.

Shower your love.

Your writer,
Jass