Chapter 10

Kabir and Nandini reached their dorms. Manik was on his way to his company.

Nandini and Kabir got late. Nandini got down at Girl's dormitory gate and Kabir drove to park his car and then he too went to his dorm. Nandini went to his dorm, she was surprised to not see anyone there when she was expecting all three of them to be waiting for her. She saw a note and read it "We are going to the campus, sorry. Come straight to the classes."

Nandini got quite angry. She just got ready and went directly to the class. She got even more angry as Navya was not there. She called Navya but she didn't answer the call. She then called Kabir and he too didn't answer the call. She was totally angry now.

Nandini alone went to the cafeteria for lunch. She noticed Navya there, who ignored her. Nandini was now boiling from anger.

Suddenly Manik called her.
Manik - Nandini, be ready for dinner by eight. I will come to pick you up.

Nandini - (with a kind of angry voice) Okay.

Manik - What happened? You are sounding angry.

Nandini - Nothing Manik (she got relaxed). You tell me have you reached there? How's the office?

Manik - Yahh, it's amazing, girl. I am loving it and you will love it too.

Nandini - That's great. Okay then Bye, for now, I'll talk to you later.

Manik - hmm, Bye.

She just hung up when Kabir covered her eyes and the rest five brought a cake, some food and soft drinks. They pulled their chairs and sat down. Navya arranged Kabir's chair and then took her seat. The cake was placed in front of Nandini, Kabir uncovered her eyes and took his seat. Nandini was smiling brightly now.

Kabir, Navya, Alia, Dhruv, Abhimanyu & Mukti - Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Nandini, happy birthday to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANDINI!!!!!

Nandini - Thank you so much. So you guys were busy with this from the morning. Great.

Dhruv - Yup.

Mukti - Nandini, Where's Manik? He is not answering the calls. And just now you were talking to him.

Nandini - That??? Manik will tell you himself. Let's do this. Today, for celebrations of two things, the dinner is on me. Okay?

All - Done. Now, cut the cake.

Nandini cut the cake. They all ate the cake, food and enjoyed the drinks. They enjoyed it to the fullest and were excited for the night.

Meanwhile, Navya got a call from her dad. She answered the call after making them all quiet.

Navya's father's name is Randeep Sehgal.

Navya - Hello, Dad. Are you back in India? When did you come back?

Randeep - You got a boyfriend?

Navya - (while getting up) Huh? Da.....

Randeep - Why didn't you tell me?

Navya - Dad, Actually... (she sat)

Randeep - For how long have you been dating? I told you those boys are not your fit. Today, he is with you, yesterday, he would have been with someone else and tomorrow too he will be with someone else. How can you trust someone? I told you I will find my son-in-law myself. The person you are with will break your heart definitely. Tell me, What's his name? And think carefully girl, you have to marry him!!