Chapter 4

It was the last exam today.

After the exam was done, Nandini and her friends went to the cafeteria. After having lunch, they were on their way back to their dorms through the campus.

Mukti - Finally, the first semester is done.

Navya - Exactly. And you computer science students are lucky, you have only a three-year course, unlike me and Nandini who has a four-year one. (made a sulky face)

Mukti - (caressing Navya's head) Who asked you guys to choose architecture?

Nandini - Enough. Navya, (throwing her arm around Navya's shoulder) See.... we can actually enjoy college life for one extra year.

Navya - Ya, But it would not be fun. They all will leave.

Alia - Who?

Navya - You, Mukti, Abhimanyu, Dhruv, Kab............

Mukti - Who? Who? Who?

Alia, Mukti, Nandini - Kabir..... (three burst into laughter)

Navya - (flustered) Enough. Okay. My tongue slipped.

They all burst into laughter. Suddenly, a boy came their way, knelt down and proposed Nandini. Nandini didn't show any interest and went forward while that boy was in shock. Three more boys who were getting ready to propose to Nandini were looking at that and started shivering. All people present there got shocked at how Nandini gave the cold shoulder. Her friends were also surprised, just because they have never seen her like this before.

Alia - (clap) Hey, that was cool!!

Mukti - But I can see the hearts breaking. (sulks fakely)

Nandini - (shakes her head in a done manner) Okay. Enough already.

Navya - Hey, guys. We are done with our exams. So how about going out for dinner tonight?

Mukti, Alia - No, Actually we are going to sleep fully tonight.

Alia - How about going out for lunch tomorrow?

Nandini - No, Actually I will be out tomorrow the whole day.

Mukti - Then?

Nandini - How about this Sunday? It's Thursday already. What say?

Alia, Navya, Mukti - Okay.

They all went back to their dorms and took a good rest.

On the other hand, In the boy's dorm Kabir was missing just after the exam and only left a message that he would be back by Friday Night.

The next day,

Nandini left by seven in the morning and took a bus to till the end of that city. It took her half an hour to reach there.

Manik too left at 7 am and was waiting in the nearby café of that bus stop where Nandini went. When Nandini got down, Manik noticed her and gave her a call and asked her to stay there, he will bring the car. Nandini got in the car. Nandini didn't notice but someone took her photo.

Manik and Nandini directly drove to their home. There, they were informed to move to the rest house (It was the collective rest house of the two families). They first went into their home and washed up and got ready. Manik was waiting for Nandini downstairs, Nandini came and the two left together.