7

~7~

~7~

I couldn't help myself. It hadn't even been a few minutes since the 4 pairs of footsteps had disappeared away from the van did I decide I needed to know what was happening.

What can I say, I was too stubborn and curious for my own good.

I crept out of the van and realized that we were just outside of town. There was no one in sight, but I could see the town which was miles away. We were near a woodsy area, tall tree's scattered all around. There were two cars parked a few meters away, both empty.

A small trail leading towards a more tree infested area spiked my interest, so I thought that was my best bet at finding them. I quietly crept through the trees until I ended up in an area much like the one I was captured and drugged from by the guys. Lots of vegetation, lots of places to hide.

I heard voices.

Bingo.

I quietly jogged over, ducking behind a bush and tree.

"I want the money first." That voice belonged to Colby.

I was too scared to look, in fear of being spotted, so instead, I just listened.

"I wasn't born yesterday Brock" huh... Colby Brock, "You give us the necklace, or we shoot hole's into y'all's bodies." There were a few clicks after the unknown voice had said that, and just as quickly 3 more clicks were heard from a little further away.

If this escalated.. it wouldn't end well. I didn't need to see to know that they all had a gun pointed at each other. If one was to pull? They'd all die..

"Don't even try it." Colby hissed, "You shoot, we shoot. And don't act like you don't have a daughter waiting for her dear dad at home."

Well shit.

"Hey, you shut the hell up! Your dirty mouth has no right to even speak of my daughter." The guy spat.

The tension was thick, the confidence radiating off of Colby was immense. I couldn't even see him, but I already knew the look he had on his face. He had a smug grin, eyes staring deep into his enemy's. No ounce of fear was detecting from anywhere on his body. His muscles flexed, he kept a stance that gave you the hint to not mess with him.

If I wasn't forced to be here, I wouldn't dare look his way for more than a second.

"Just give us the damn necklace." The guy was getting impatient.

I finally peek my head over the bush, letting my curiosity get the best of me once again.

Colbys shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, "Don't have  it." He replied.