48

~48~

~48~

            "Colby give me my fucking hairbrush!" I yell, stood on my tippy toes trying to reach the brush he held above my head. Maybe it was the fact we were leaving today to begin our two-day road trip to Miami or the fact he's had a puff of weed, but he's feeling extra playful today. It's a good playful, in a way. But I wasn't really enjoying this teasing. I was stressed enough as it is packing all of my shit.

"What hairbrush?" His eyes looked around dumbly. He was dumb, I'd call him dumb. Or maybe that's just the anger.

"Mr. Brock stop patronizing the poor girl and give her her brush back. You two have to get going before morning traffic hits." Maurice, being the kind soul he is, defended me. And Colby having a soft spot for him, rolled his eyes and let the brush fall into my hands. I quickly hit his arm with it and stuffed it into the bag in my hand while he winced and rubbed the not even sore spot.

"You've been shot before, grow a pair of balls." I glare, turning my heel and setting the bag next to the other ones. We would be there for 3 days, 3 days of privacy and calm nature. And maybe Devyn rubbed off on me because I have 2 full bags I'm taking?

Didn't think it was possible to need more than 1.

"You seem tense, what you need is coffee and doughnuts." Colby rubbed my shoulders from behind and kept rubbing them even when the two of us were walking to the kitchen where the guys were. Maurice insisted on putting our bags in the car we'd be taking and I told him okay but to leave the heavy ones there for Colby to get. He agreed.

"Doughnuts are too sugary and I plan on sleeping on the drive, so no coffee," I replied, pushing his hands off of me as we turn the corner into the kitchen.

"Too late, I have two black coffees here for the two of you." Jake smiled proudly, pushing two to-go cups towards the two of us. His bright, fake, smile immediately rose suspicion. He wasn't just nice for no reason

I narrowed my eyes, "Jake.. what do you want."

His smile didn't leave as he gave his poor excuse for an explanation, "What do you mean? Is it totally impossible for me to be a decent human being and make you two coffee?"

Yes.. yes it was.

He scoffed, "I'm insulted."

"Livia, Jake here is butt-hurt I'm putting Sam in charge of things while we're away instead of him." My mouth made an 'ohh' shape, my lips curled into a smile. Jake finally let the false smile fall, rolling his eyes and scoffing in resentment. He leaned back against the counter and looked away like a child.

"So unfair," he sneers, pouting his lips.

I tilt my head, "Hey, you don't see Corey complaining do ya?"

Corey shrugged with a grin, "That's because I'm playing the part of Sam, the second-hand man." He flipped his imaginary hair and Jake's eyes widened.