8

~8~

~8~

            I woke up to someone nudging my shoulder, causing my eyes to flutter open. They felt heavy, probably from all the crying yesterday.

Yesterday.

A night's sleep wouldn't erase the events that took place the previous morning. My heart still hurt, my throat sore from the lump in my throat. I ignored every pained sensation though, not wanting to cry anymore.

"C'mon, Colby wants to leave before the hotel gets crowded for breakfast." Sam whispered to me, setting a bag next to me on the bed, "He got these for you, get ready and we'll be outside the room."

I didn't respond, simply hummed and watched as he walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

I forced my body off the bed, not wanting to leave the comfort of the clean white sheets. It was hard, but eventually, I made it to the restroom where I freshened myself up quickly and changed into the outfit given to me. Thankfully, it was black leggings along with a simple T. It was comfy, which I loved. A lot better than the one from yesterday.

I braided my hair to the side and added a bit of water to contain the fly away around my forehead.

When I was pleased with my appearance, I left the restroom and folded the sheets of my bed neatly, saving the service ladies or men from having to deal with taking them off. Being tidy was something I strived for, and even though it was a weird thing to do at the time, I still felt it was right.

I took a moment to collect myself before leaving the room. I stared at my appearance in the mirror, the semi-noticeable bags under my eyes, and the frown that was my expression. I tried smiling, but it didn't work. Of course, it didn't. I wasn't that good at hiding these kinds of feelings, the sadness I mean. Didn't surprise me when even I didn't believe my false happiness.

There was no point in even trying to act happy.

It would get me nowhere.

I took a deep breath, finally finding it in myself to leave the room.

Walking into the hallway, I see the guys already outside and waiting for me. When they saw me, Sam, Jake, and Corey held back a sad expression. Colby kinda just stared. He was always so hard to read and it frustrated me deeply.

I got tired of the silence.

"So.. are we going to go or.." I trail off, clamping my hands together behind my back.