~11~

~11~

Waking up the next day was horrifying, to say the least. I don't know what I was expecting, but, for some reason, I was surprised to wake up in the comfort of the soft and plush bed I had cried my eyes out into the night before. I gasped when my sore eyes darted around the unfamiliar room, only calming down when the memories from last night flooded my brain and I was left with the same sinking feeling I've had for a while now.

Isn't it great to wake up in the luxurious home of your kidnapper?

I drag my aching body off the bed and towards the restroom, where I splashed water on my face and stared at my reflection. Barely recognizing who I was.

No.

I'm not going to be mopey all day, I have priorities that are much more important. Colby mentioned people may be over today, so I guess I should start there.

But first, clothes. I mean, I have a whole new wardrobe I need to try on anyway..

Opening the closet door, staring at all the possibilities was exhilarating. The buzz of creativity in me flourishing upon seeing the different kinds of shirts and shoes, and even the pants. But I needed to be neutral, so, after skimming through all my options, I settled on the simplest outfit I could muster together.

A pair of purposefully baggy jeans and a light beige cropped shirt. It was super short though, barely showing my belly button.

I stared at my reflection, pleased, and slightly angry with myself.

I hated that small bit of enjoyment seen in my eyes.

I quickly put on my poker face and slowly crept out of the bedroom, making sure to look into the hallway before doing so. No one was there, thankfully, but I did hear voices coming from somewhere downstairs. So this meant there were people here.

Okay..

Don't know how to feel about that but it's in the plan so I guess I've got to be okay with it.

I made my way down the hallway, down the grand staircase (which I'm still in love with), and slowly walked towards the kitchen. The voices got a little louder, and when I peeked my head around the corner, I saw no one in the kitchen but instead in the room across from it. There, 3 girls were sitting along with Corey and Sam.

Mustering up enough courage, though there was barely any, I made my presence known by walked around the corner.

I tried to seem as confident as I could, but I think I looked more like a lost puppy than anything.