9

~9~Livia

~9~
Livia

LA was exactly as I imagined it, if not more. It was very bright, despite it being almost 11 at night, the buildings lit up the large city with bright exotic colors. Each shop and restaurant seemed to have a glowing sign to mark their spot in the jungle of beautiful and Wild displays of fashion and diversity. It was quite beautiful, but oh so very loud.

I was used to a quiet town with maybe a few car honks here and there; nothing crazy. But the streets of Las Angeles were something else. It was like sensory overload.

There was music playing from speakers, street performers, and even from the passing cars. The ongoing traffic caused for a lot of honking and yelling by the drivers. I'm guessing road rage was big here. And then the people walking on the sidewalks were all laughing and chatting amongst themselves and the people around them. You could easily spot the drunk from the sober and it was a game I let myself play while we sat in the car waiting for the ones in front the pick up the pace.

Apparently, we were heading to "The Lab" which was code for "Base". I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm guessing into some nice ass building with dentist lights and locks on every door. If not that, then the complete opposite.

I was nervous, scared even. But, I tried to stay positive and tell myself that it would be alright and I wasn't going to get murdered. At this point, I was pretty sure I wasn't, but, who knows, Colby seems to get annoyed with me a lot. He may pull out a knife and carve it into my heart at any given moment. I don't know.

I hope not..

We ended up on the edge of the city, right next to an abandoned train station. I looked out the window and at the old beaten down trains that sat on the rusting tracks. None of them looked to be in working condition, so it was kind of like a graveyard. A creepy one..

"Whoa." I breathe out. My hands were gripping the handle of the door, my breath fogging up the window as I stared out it.

"Yeah; whoa." Colby mocked back, opening his car door and exiting the vehicle.

Following him, we all got out and stepped foot on the heavily vegetated ground. Screws, bolts, and pipes scattered in between the jumble of grass and weeds. As we walked, the green ended as soon as it touched the grass. Then, it was replaced with large rocks and gravel.

The trains around us were of dark crusty colors. Blues, greens, reds, and grey were the most common colors I noticed. But, they were covered with a thick layer of dust and dirt, making the colors wilt and their vibrancy dull to a less appealing color. Overall, they were very dirty. With missing wheels and shattered windows, these trains look like they've been through a lot..