~15~

~15~

          The next morning I woke up to Colby not being at the house, which was normal. Every day he would leave early in the morning, go do god knows what for work, and then came home usually late in the afternoon or late at night. He wasn't here all that often, which was fine. But after last night I wish he was here so we could talk about what happened.

You know; the kiss? The kiss that resulted in the purple hickey on my neck? Yeah, that one.

But no. He was gone as usual.

I walked downstairs when I was dressed in leggings and a black sweatshirt and was greeted by Corey who was eating a bowl of cereal, looking incredibly tired. When his eyes met mine he didn't really give me an emotion, just waved.

I laughed a little, "Drugs man." I sigh.

He scoffed humorously and shook his head, "Sober bitch." He muttered, making me laugh.

I open the fridge to see almost nothing in there. I mean honestly how does a house of this many people not have a full fridge? Yes, this was normal but come on, a grocery run wouldn't hurt anybody.

"Maurice!" I call out to the house, a few moments later entering Maurice.

"Yes, Miss Dawn?" He smiled, which I returned with one of my own.

"Would you mind starting a grocery list? This house is in dire need of some actual food and not just take out food every day." I ask politely. He nodded his head and grabbed a pen and paper from the drawer, setting it on the counter. For the next 5 minutes, the two of us put together a long list of groceries, which he then said he'd arrange to arrive later in the afternoon. I thanked him and he continued about his business.

"You're too nice," Corey said, taking a bite from his cereal and pointing the spoon at me.

I furrowed my eyes, "I'm sorry since when is being nice a bad thing?" I tilt my head.

He shrugged, "It's not. But if you're too nice to everyone else then they will take advantage of you." He tells me, looking down and poking at his food "Take my buddy.. Winston. He was a nice guy, always doing good deeds where good deeds weren't needed. He was a saint. Next thing you know his friend takes all his money and leaves him homeless and on the streets." He said coldly.

I frown. I guess Hungover Corey is a grumpy Corey?

"Well, it's not his fault people failed to recognize his kindness." I tell him, "I think Winston's a great man with a great heart. And one day the worlds gonna repay him for it." I smile.

Corey gave me a strange look like he was taking my answer to heart. He pursed his lips, nodded, and put his bowl in the sink before leaving the room. I shrugged off the strange conversation and walked back over to the grand staircase, ready to return to my room to either read or write. But, when I turned the corner I was met with a pair of familiar blue eyes. Colby just walked in the house.. at 9 a.m? Well, this is unusual.