57

~57~Tw: SA

~57~
Tw: SA

Colby

            I woke up in the lab. Laying on a medical table, on my back, staring up at the ceiling. I felt weak, tired like I had been asleep for ages. I finally found the strength to move my head though. And when I did I saw Jake and Corey sitting in chairs talking and pointing at an iPad in Jake's hands. I had never seen them look so serious. Eyes hard, backs flexed, so efficient. Even the way their mouth moved.

I groaned, trying to push myself up with my hand but finding it in a splint. I had bandages here and there, over cuts and bruises. Then there was the one on my upper arm, the entire thing wrapped around my skin tightly. It stung, I realized.

The noise I made alerted Jake and Corey of my wake, and before I knew it they were by my side, hands on my shoulders to keep me still and from over excerpting myself. I coughed a little as they held me down and I resisted against them. My throat aches.

"Dude stop moving, you're not well," Jake said, grabbing me a water and handing it to me.

"I'm fine." I hold back the wince as I finally got to a sitting position.

"You have a fractured wrist, second-degree burns, and inhaled a shit load of smoke. Not to mention the bruises and scratches from the crash. You aren't fine." Corey crossed his buff arms, giving me a displeasing frown.

I ignored him, "Where's Sam where's-" I didn't finish. My body stilling as every ounce of pain I felt disappeared. The looks on their face, the horror I felt, all that had happened. Livia. Maurice. Tears sprang into my eyes, and the surprise on Jake and Corey's face when they saw them. They had never seen me cry. But I wasn't going to cry. Not now. I can't right now. I need to stay calm. So I sniffled the tears away.

"Shit, no." I stand up, eyes squeezing as I shifted my weight on my wrist and wobbled as my legs hit the ground.

"Dude!" both Jake and Corey said as they held me upright until I caught my balance.

"Where's Sam."

They released me, "You are stupid, you should be resting." Corey scolded.

"That get's us nowhere, where is Sam," I argued, and by the tone of my voice they replied as I saw fit.

"In the other room over. He's fine now but he won't be able to do anything for a few days. He's on hardcore meds." They followed me out of the room and into the next. My heart ached when I saw Sam. Bagged eyes, weak facial structures, holding Kats hand who was sat beside him. She saw me and frowned in disappointment. I couldn't blame her, I feel as horrible about it as she did. Maybe even worse. But we couldn't deal with this right now.

"Sam I-"

"Don't go apologizing, there's a bigger problem at hand than my crappy shoulder." His words slurred a bit, no doubt from the meds.